officially part of the Fractal Family...

Laskyman

Inspired
ULTRA arrived wednesday night, and I have demo'ed the presets, done a little amp and effects switching within the presets, and I am really impressed. so far, I think everyone was right- this unit is a new standard in modeling. As an effect processor alone, it is worth the cost. Amp models are completely bonus- and completely usable.
I am trying to find faults with this box. Not a lot to fault though....
Too soon to tell if it stops GAS...but it sure packs a lot of value.
$2000 is a STEAL for this box. Essentially, you get 3 modfactors, 2 timefactors, 2 pitchfactors, 20+ dirt boxes, comps, synths......thats not counting amp models and cab sims.....
*thats* value...

$2000 is a STEAL for this box. Essentially, you get 3 modfactors, 2 timefactors, 2 pitchfactors, 20+ dirt boxes, comps, synths......thats not counting amp models and cab sims.....
*thats* value...

+1 and welcome to the family! I'm a new member myself, and lovin' it! :mrgreen

Welcome.

The beauty of it is over time you getter better at tweaking the different models. So months down the road you'll discover something and it will have that new gear feel all over again.

And since you are coming from an Electra Dyne, I highly recommend the brown amp sim.

Congratulations and welcome to the family!

As nifty as the effects are, I think you'll find that the amp and cab sims are what make the Axe-FX the ground-breaking product that it is. There seem to be quite a number of users out there who are buying the Axe-FX and not really using the amp or cab sims. To me that's like buying an iPhone or Android and only using it to make phone calls.

welcome finally, sir! i know you were sitting on the fence for a while with a tough decision, but i'm glad you took the plunge! cheers!

Welcome! Enjoy the journey. Yours is just beginning. You will be finding things two years from now in that box that will still blow your mind!

I only tried about 1/3rd of the amp models and about 1/4 of the effects 14 months in.

Whenever I get jonesin' for a new sound I just dig around in the black box and ... WHOOP! look what I found!

Back
Top Bottom