diezel013

Inspired
Been enjoying lots of Iron Maiden recently… Love Dave and Adrian’s style/tone. I cooked up a patch yesterday with the Brit Pre and the EV12L cab IR on my Axe FX 3… Thought it came out nicely. You be the judge.

Will be doing a Wratchild full cover soon and I’m happy to share the patches for it once I post. Cheers!!! 🤘

🤘
Love some classic Maiden. You totally rocked it. I'll have to try that amp/cab combo.
Thanks so much. I’m fiddling with different cabs at the moments to see what results I get. It’s hard knowing exactly what was used as fans, but I’ve read people saying that Adrian used Altec speakers in combination with the EVM12L’s… of course then came along the GK rig for Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son. That is a tone of it’s own.

But it seems clear that both Dave and Adrian have been using the Marshall JMP-1 preamp for quite some time. Unless this has changed, apparently Mr. Smith favors a G12-75 that is in an iso box, mic’d with a 57. Anyways… I will continue working on the patches in the next couple of days.

Attached is a pic I found of Adrian’s speaker setup from an Iron Maiden’s rig rundown.

Attachments

• F5EE9E86-93C0-41E9-A33D-49962C2241DC.jpeg
    F5EE9E86-93C0-41E9-A33D-49962C2241DC.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 22903EF8-983E-4234-8B58-D0B54D3F3619.jpeg
    22903EF8-983E-4234-8B58-D0B54D3F3619.jpeg
    302.4 KB · Views: 34
Nice job!

I just finished listening to all the studio albums in order a few days ago...all 16 of them... started with Iron Maiden and ended with Book of Souls about a week later.

Nice job!

I just finished listening to all the studio albums in order a few days ago...all 16 of them... started with Iron Maiden and ended with Book of Souls about a week later.
They are a great band… yes they have their formula’s and lots of use of cliches (musically/harmonically speaking) but they set the bar for the style, and feature great musicianship. Also, they are excellent live.

From a guitar standpoint, I like Janick’s energy, and writing, but Dave and Adrian are an iconic guitar duo. In my opinion Number of the Beast, Powerslave and Somewhere in Time feature some of the greatest guitar tones/riffs and solos in the hard rock/heavy metal genre.

Even though their less popular albums still have some great songs, I think their 2000’s era is very strong. Brave New World, Matter of Life and Death, and Final Frontier are awesome.

If you let that tone run free in the amazonas rainforest it's a parking lot by evening, because that shit cuts through everything!

I am more than eagerly looking forward to a sort of preset

If you let that tone run free in the amazonas rainforest it's a parking lot by evening, because that shit cuts through everything!

I am more than eagerly looking forward to a sort of preset
Haha, nice... Well since you liked it, this is the preset used yesterday. The delay's work nicely together (1/4 note + dotted 1/8th panned L & R) for leads, and are set to tap tempo. As previously stated, I was using the EV12L cab model, but I'm playing around with some other options. The 1960B cab model sounds good to me also... Bit more treble, less mids. I believe Adrian opts for G12-75's these days, so this maybe more representative of their modern tone.

P.S. Fear of a Blank Planet is a great album!!!! Cheers

Attachments

• JMP-1EVM12L.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 70
Hey Diezel. That's a fantastic tone, not to mention you nailed those solos. Really felt that.

I play for an Iron Maiden tribute act. We're known as Maiden Arabia and I'm currently based in the Middle East. Here's what I use live. Give it a go and I'd appreciate your feedback.

What I've used is an actual replica of their live rig. The JMP1 with a Marshall 1960B IR.

Scene 1 is OD2 for their modern rhythm sound
Scene 2 is OD1 for their older rhythm sound with a touch of chorus
Scene 3 is Clean
Scene 4 is the main lead
Scene 5 is the same lead tone with some chorus and univibe
Scene 6 is again the lead tone with a lower level for harmony dubs
Use Pitch Shift 1 with clean for the intro of Dance of Death
Use Pitch Shift 2 for various harmonies. Just edit the key accordingly.
I use a seperate pipe organ patch for the slow and long interlude in seventh son. Let me know if you need that n I will share it for you here.

Please do check us out @maidenarabia 😊

Cheers!
Stan

Attachments

• 001_MAIDEN ARABIA.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom