Now that the Axe-FX has killed the tubes, What can we do with them?

Piing

Axe-Master
We could use them for a Vacuum Tube Chess Game

tesla-chess-3.jpg

Vacuum Tube Chess Set Flickers and Glows | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

CHECK MATE! I killed your 6L6! LOL

vacuchess.jpg

This guy is a liar and a cheat! DO NOT BELIEVE HIM!

I have seen vast hordes of smashed glass mashed with electrode plates and grids in extremely close proximity to his house.
He is only trying to steal the fun of breaking all the valves for himself. Please be careful and do not fall for this hoax!

I kid please don't ban me.

Nowadays, it seems that it is a very dangerous business to maintain a Tube Factory in Russia. You have to face mafia and racketeers.
This is an interesting article at the NYTimes about a man who owns one of the last tube factories:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/16/b...82f513f63&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&_r=0
16cheat.xlarge1.jpg

The Axe-FX is a safer business, by all means.

:

Interesting read. It's strange that obvious thugs could potentially get away with tactics like that. Completely wrong.

Without Cliff, rock and roll could go extinct with the loss of one more endangered species. The threatened Russian tube factory.

Hey Cyberferret, I have one of those 16 gig USB tube flash drives or rather tube drives ;0). I love it! In fact its been a big hit at both NAMM and CES. One of the coolest Christmas presents I received last Christmas!

:0)

If the tube factory dies, so will the future of a rock 'n' roll sound dating back half a century, the rich grumble of a guitar tube amplifier — think of Jimi Hendrix's version of "The Star-Spangled Banner" — that musicians say cannot be replicated with modern technology.

I think not...

Back
Top Bottom