Now available: New cabIR.eu UK Triple Vol.2 Cab-Packs at the new relaunched store

I get it - and it is all fair :)

Actually, I ended up spending a lot of time on www.cabir.eu last night, and I just saw the Orange 4x12 with G12H30s that I forgot about.

I remember, when you made three IRs freely available (ART71, PIN68 and JCM81), I tried them, and I expected to love the ART71, since it had G12H30s, which are speakers I normally love, on the other hand, I did not expect to like PIN68, since I usually do not like low powered green back (G12M25/M20...). In the end, I thought the ART71 sample was OK (for my sounds), but I ended up loving the PIN68.

Then yesterday, when I went to the side, I got overwhelmed with choice. I am almost definitely getting the OR cab, it has sounded good with everything I heard, and I do love those speakers. Then I thought I should have the PIN68, but then there is the JimiBox, which seems to be almost the same cab (a reissue though). I thought, I should also have the ModeFour for those rare occasions, when I need the massive V30 sound. Then I thought I should also get the the JCM81, since - let's face it - I grew up on 80s rock guitar.

So, I'll take the plunge ... Soon

I get it - and it is all fair :)

Actually, I ended up spending a lot of time on www.cabir.eu last night, and I just saw the Orange 4x12 with G12H30s that I forgot about.

I remember, when you made three IRs freely available (ART71, PIN68 and JCM81), I tried them, and I expected to love the ART71, since it had G12H30s, which are speakers I normally love, on the other hand, I did not expect to like PIN68, since I usually do not like low powered green back (G12M25/M20...). In the end, I thought the ART71 sample was OK (for my sounds), but I ended up loving the PIN68.

Then yesterday, when I went to the side, I got overwhelmed with choice. I am almost definitely getting the OR cab, it has sounded good with everything I heard, and I do love those speakers. Then I thought I should have the PIN68, but then there is the JimiBox, which seems to be almost the same cab (a reissue though). I thought, I should also have the ModeFour for those rare occasions, when I need the massive V30 sound. Then I thought I should also get the the JCM81, since - let's face it - I grew up on 80s rock guitar.

So, I'll take the plunge ... Soon

Yeah, with the 1971 Orange with the G12H30 also fron 1971 you can`t go wrong, it works always and for any genre, IMO. The Mode4 (Mode Four MF280A) is definitely a Recto Cab killer ... also oversized cabinet, compared to the "normal sized" 1960A.

The JIMI, based on a 1982BJH is different from the PIN68 (1960A, Pre-Rola G12 20Watt). the Jimi is straight, muuuuuch higher, than a normal 1960A (visit the product pages of the single cab-Packs and have a look to the picture gallery!) and also the speakers maybe specially designed to get the "old" Greenback flavour, but those G12C sound different - the whole Cab sound different ot the PIN68. I don`t think, those both cabs are comparable in any way! Different cabinet sizes, different speakers, different production year. The JIMI is from 2006, the PIN68 cab from 1965, speakers from 1968 ...

I know ... to many choices ... but also many chances ... ;)

Hi Smittefar, actually not and it`s also not planned for the future.

Sure ... :rolleyes: But let`s face it: The short answer is: Realizing in fact smaller average prices per Cab-Pack will result in undoing or providing cab-packs in the future, because from financial point of view, it would`nt make sense anymore.

The idea behind the fixed bundles with their price advantage from over 25% compared to the single Cab-Packs is: If you want two of them, pay 3 bugs more ang get also the third, you maybe not that much interested in, but who knows - perhaps it`s exactly the one, you will be positivley surprised :) Who thought about the ART71 included in Triple1? The Cab is mostly unknown, but most guys tried the IRs will agree, that this one is also a killer cab, like others, you perhaps expect, like from the PIN68 ...
If you wanted all three in the fixed Triples Bundles anyway: Be happy to save money.

That said, i really believe, the price tags of the single Cab-Packs are more than fair. The quality of the captures and IRs can easily stand up with the best, you`ll find on the commercial IR market, IMO. The pro IR series contains 9 mics, captures from all 4 speakers. You get room mics and back cabinet mics, three Power-Amp voicings from all single and mixed IRs. The mixed IRs are ear selected from hundreds of Mixes (in fact the cab-Packs cntain ca. 15% of the mixes, I`ve made...). You get MPT and RAW single mic IRs and Mixes and a lot of stuff more. 644 IRs with a width band of sound flavours, but also the easy "plug`n play" _OVERVIEW folder with the MULTI miced IRs, which give you a fast (check the 5 "Idealized" variants - you will be oftenly done...) and mostly very balanced match for any chosen Amp. I personally liked those often most ...

The philosophy behind the cab-packs was and is, to transfer each authentic speaker cabinet with all it`s provided sound flavours, you can all-embracing get out of it and production wise in the best quality and our "objective sweet spot method" into the digital world.

So, ... imo ... quality, quantity and folder structure / navigation wise - not to mention the mostly super rare and great cabinets we captured - still the pricetag of the single Cab-Packs is at least en par with the lowest offers on the market - oftenly underpriced, if you compare the content you get...

So ... no ... no lower average pricing available ... sorry.

Thanks for understanding
Markus
I hope this is not too much off topic but I wanted to point out and support Markus by saying that it's kind of strange for us IR producers to get these personal messages asking for discounts. The prices are set so that there's continuity and sense in creating these packs. IR's are already extremely cheap products. Look at it this way. I'll give you 30 bucks to spend. Tell me what gear you can buy with that money that will give you as much quality tone variations as an IR pack? :) Or whoops... I went drinking last night and spent more in one night than I've ever spent on IR's. (not sure if everyone else has the same drinking habits as German and Finnish people do :D )

I hope this is not too much off topic but I wanted to point out and support Markus by saying that it's kind of strange for us IR producers to get these personal messages asking for discounts. The prices are set so that there's continuity and sense in creating these packs. IR's are already extremely cheap products. Look at it this way. I'll give you 30 bucks to spend. Tell me what gear you can buy with that money that will give you as much quality tone variations as an IR pack? :) Or whoops... I went drinking last night and spent more in one night than I've ever spent on IR's. (not sure if everyone else has the same drinking habits as German and Finnish people do :D )

I think there's a lot of folks that have no clue how much time, expense, and work goes into producing thes IR paks ! Maybe they shoud buy the gear involved and produce one and see how much they would want to charge? Just sayin! They aren't overpriced by any means!
However, I do understand they get expensive over time ,( I'm a junkie) I probably have $1500 invested at this point between FAS,ML Soundlab, Ownhammer and cabIR (redwire)!

And for all that money ( 1500 Bucks) you wouldn't be able to get just one single cab, including the mikes that were used to capture it.

That's what some people do not get: Studio time, research, an expensive bunch of finest microphones and the search for mint cabs, that are worth the procedure.....

And the IR is IMHO the most important part of the signal chain. So, if you already have spent 3000,- Dollars + for the worlds best digital amp modeler and a controller....and you think to save some money on IRs.....this would be the same like buying a 380 PS Lexus with the smallest tires available.

not sure if everyone else has the same drinking habits as German and Finnish people do :D )

well, if thirty germans meet for an Axe-Fest, fotos like this results:
13082686_10206109050832023_4680378530285597621_n.jpg

;)

And for all that money ( 1500 Bucks) you wouldn't be able to get just one single cab, including the mikes that were used to capture it.

That's what some people do not get: Studio time, research, an expensive bunch of finest microphones and the search for mint cabs, that are worth the procedure.....

And the IR is IMHO the most important part of the signal chain. So, if you already have spent 3000,- Dollars + for the worlds best digital amp modeler and a controller....and you think to save some money on IRs.....this would be the same like buying a 380 PS Lexus with the smallest tires available.
Right you are!!!

Exactly. You can't even get the Royer R121 with 1500€.

I made a quick short clip with the "Jimi" box in the mix with Reaper. Recording is different then playing loud in the rehearselroom to give you an idea with this IR's when recording:

Where is the UK or England in the dropdown 'countries' section of the My Address tab on your website? They are all in German and I can't find my country :)

Where is the UK or England in the dropdown 'countries' section of the My Address tab on your website? They are all in German and I can't find my country :)
Good point! Thanks for noting that! I did quick fix: "UK - United Kingdom - England" you now should find at the list ...

to all the other great comments and soundclips ... i`ll type later ....i`m just on the run .. .... sorry ;)

Last edited:
I haven't been able to test this new IR pack. I already bought and unzipped it, but that's how far I got. I can't wait to test the Mode4!

Have bought and tried them - there all very direct and open sounding IR´s in this Cabpack Vol 2. With Q3.02 a very punchy sound.
The 8x10 is the secret favourit to me - great for funky style with vox and Dr Z. Amps.

Here is a soundclip from Fender Double Verb preset and the MR 8x10 Marshall Box - great combination. Nice break up and long ringing sustain.....I used the Multi 01 I ir from the "Overview" folder. Preset is the factory one on default settings except for some highcut in cab block.

Have bought the vol1 and vol2 pack ....very cool ......as a new user to IR's ....i was just wonder if their is a instruction guide for theses pack.....possibly, a break down of what some of the names mean. I dont know what i am loading....i have no studio or IR experiences.

For examples..... there are multi folders (speaker A, B,C,D,minimal phase, real phase ) with files that look like this: MR-PIN68_B_M15_906+SM57_1

I have an XL and i downloaded the folder with the 170ms_48kHz_24bits....is this the right format for the XL.....Thanks for your help

Have bought the vol1 and vol2 pack ....very cool ......as a new user to IR's ....i was just wonder if their is a instruction guide for theses pack.....possibly, a break down of what some of the names mean. I dont know what i am loading....i have no studio or IR experiences.

For examples..... there are multi folders (speaker A, B,C,D,minimal phase, real phase ) with files that look like this: MR-PIN68_B_M15_906+SM57_1

I have an XL and i downloaded the folder with the 170ms_48kHz_24bits....is this the right format for the XL.....Thanks for your help

Hi Bazman,

first - thanks very much for supporting the Cab-Packs! On the product pages to each Cab-Pack as also in every ZIP folder you`ll find two PDFs: One describes the different IR formats, the other called "User guide" (f.ex JCM81 USER GUIDE ) will give you detailed informations about the cab itself and informations about the name & folder structure. User Guide Site 7 will give you the naming declaration, which follows a logical system, IMO. Did you read them? If you have open questions after reading them, please let me know and i will answer as good i can ;)

For the Axe-Fx, you will be good to go with the 48/24 170ms format. The 500ms WAV will include more "air/room", but Ultra-Res will truncate them hard after 170ms. The 170ms fade out room decay times within the 170ms, Ultra-res did support.

First step: You´ll have to convert the WAV to Ultra-Res with Cab-Lab. Cab-Lab Lite is the freeware converter from FAS, you`ll find it here: http://www.fractalaudio.com/p-cab-lab-ir-mixer.php

Conversion settings: In the WAV2SYX tool, i recommend keeping (!) MPT (minimal phase) and Auto Trim UNTICK to keep the MPT and RAW WAV files as they are original. For more Info`s, please have first a look into the User guides.

My recommendation to start audition a cabIR "pro IR series" Cab-Pack:
Check the OVERVIEW folder first. There are all the MULTI (mics&position mixes) from all MIX folders. Oftenly you`ll find satisfying IR`s here: For the Axe-Fx the index "_I" will suit you best. More bottom end will be included in the "_P", more scoop in the "_T" variants. If you like not the CAB_MULTI best, but a certain speaker (A/B/C or D)_MULTI more ... you can go into the decicated speaker MIX folder and perhaps you`ll find there a even better Mix IR from that certain speaker, which complement the chosen Amp and guitar subjective better or more pleasant. Personally, i am often very happy with one of those OVERVIEW IRs ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Morphosis...... I see the "READ ME" folder in the cab packs download now . Now sure how i missed it....I was looking on your website for it.....silly me!

Thanks for your Help.....this will be the next one I purchase ..... OR-4X12_G12H30 ;)

Back
Top Bottom