Now available: New cabIR.eu UK Triple Vol.2 Cab-Packs at the new relaunched store

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
What would you do, if you produce Cab-Packs and took a visit for some days at one of the biggest Marshall Collections of the world at www.marshall-forever.de?

(click the foto and get an impression of the museum!)

Right: You shoot ... and create the Mother of the mother of the Marshall cab-IR collection:
The Sigi`s Finest UK Collection!
We select from over 130 Cabinets the best sounding, most wanted, most rare, most vintage and most interesting Marshall cabinets from the 60ies, 70ies, 80ies, 90ies and 00er decades. We captured each cabinet with highest accurateness, our own "objective sweet spot method" , 9 microphones, 4 speakers, close-mic / room-mic and back-cabinet positions. We create the "pro IR series" with MPT and RAW IRs, phase aligned mixes and real phase mixes, single mic IRs, three power amp voicings including the colorless idealized-FLAT-amp voicing and create .WAV format packages in high resolution and more than enough sample length for future-proofness ;) Each cabinet with 644 unique IRs with 170ms and 500ms length, also in 48kHz/24bit, perfectly to convert them for your Fractal device with their stunning Cab-Lab 3 (light) tool.

Some of you guys know the first Triple UK Collection Vol.1 we released, containing the MR-PIN68, MR-ART71 and MR-JCM81 Cab-Packs.
NEWS 1: We now have unbundled this Triple Collection for those, who might be just interested in one of the three Cab-Packs, but the Triples bundles keeps their +25% OFF price advantage in comparison to the single Cab-Packs...

NEWS 2: Now, it`s time for the second Triple UK Collection Vol.2, containing the

• MR-MODE4, based on a Marshall Mode Four oversized 4X12 cab, loaded with Celestions V30MF, a special 70Watt Version of the Vintage 30. It`s a Recto Killer! Yes, it is ...
  • MR-8X10, based on a 1990 Lead 80 cabinet from 1968 with 8 (eight!) 10" Celestion T7442,each rated with 10Watts. Super rare, super vintage and also a highly recommended match for more fenderish, voxish and clean to break-up tones...
  • MR-JIMI, based on a really big, oversized Marshall 1982BJH (Jimi Hendrix Edition), loaded with G12C, a special 25Watt rated Greenback Edition ...
NEWS 3: New website, more pics, more nice ...hopefully you like it ... ;) Of course, we took care about all your accounts, made purchases are all there, all downloads still available ... of course... all in your "my account" section ...

So, whats next? Well ... Soundsamples ,soundsamples ,soundsamples ... i know ... ;) in progress... and ... after VOL.2 follows ... you name it ... ;)

Last edited:
Within the last hour I had been wondering where you've been due to your lack of forum presence, and figured you must be working on something big

I see that the Marshall Museum has some bass amps.

Per chance, are you going to do ir's of any possible Marshall Bass Cabinets in that collection?

Today I did some more demos of the "Jimi" box from this Cab Pack - here is the Brit 800 MOD amp with 2 signature ir's from Amand and Thibault: SIG AM 02 + SIG TR 04 - very Jimi sounding even with my Les Paul. Again no PA, only one of my Matrix Q12a's been used.

As far as I remeber can you buy those Cabs without bundles. For instance the Jimi Box which I post here now the last demo for the time being. I have to work again on the release of my Blues CD in hopefully June2016.

Could one make ones own bundle ? I want three of those cabs, but they are in different bundles :(
Hi Smittefar, actually not and it`s also not planned for the future.

I could buy the three cabs individually - I was just trying to save some money by bundling :D
Sure ... :rolleyes: But let`s face it: The short answer is: Realizing in fact smaller average prices per Cab-Pack will result in undoing or providing cab-packs in the future, because from financial point of view, it would`nt make sense anymore.

The idea behind the fixed bundles with their price advantage from over 25% compared to the single Cab-Packs is: If you want two of them, pay 3 bugs more ang get also the third, you maybe not that much interested in, but who knows - perhaps it`s exactly the one, you will be positivley surprised :) Who thought about the ART71 included in Triple1? The Cab is mostly unknown, but most guys tried the IRs will agree, that this one is also a killer cab, like others, you perhaps expect, like from the PIN68 ...
If you wanted all three in the fixed Triples Bundles anyway: Be happy to save money.

That said, i really believe, the price tags of the single Cab-Packs are more than fair. The quality of the captures and IRs can easily stand up with the best, you`ll find on the commercial IR market, IMO. The pro IR series contains 9 mics, captures from all 4 speakers. You get room mics and back cabinet mics, three Power-Amp voicings from all single and mixed IRs. The mixed IRs are ear selected from hundreds of Mixes (in fact the cab-Packs cntain ca. 15% of the mixes, I`ve made...). You get MPT and RAW single mic IRs and Mixes and a lot of stuff more. 644 IRs with a width band of sound flavours, but also the easy "plug`n play" _OVERVIEW folder with the MULTI miced IRs, which give you a fast (check the 5 "Idealized" variants - you will be oftenly done...) and mostly very balanced match for any chosen Amp. I personally liked those often most ...

The philosophy behind the cab-packs was and is, to transfer each authentic speaker cabinet with all it`s provided sound flavours, you can all-embracing get out of it and production wise in the best quality and our "objective sweet spot method" into the digital world.

So, ... imo ... quality, quantity and folder structure / navigation wise - not to mention the mostly super rare and great cabinets we captured - still the pricetag of the single Cab-Packs is at least en par with the lowest offers on the market - oftenly underpriced, if you compare the content you get...

So ... no ... no lower average pricing available ... sorry.

Thanks for understanding
Markus

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom