Not happy with CPU room

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Seems as though it's too easy to run out of CPU space on the FX8. Really wish a bigger capacity was available as I run into ideas that I just can't do. As I await my EVH 5150 III 100 watt head to really give this puppy a real shot, I'm starting to think I'll miss the Axe Fx II, which I sold. We will see.....

Reverb to normal res? I have presets full with tons of CPU left

Last edited:

Well why have it if it's not gonna fit in most patches? This is a different animal than the Axe Fx II. Axe Fx II can be used more for recording direct, where the difference can be possibly heard. Even at normal, the CPU load gets congested with some possibilities I'd like to utilize.

Nobody notices the difference, live.

And let's face it: you're just hard to please. :-D

Not really hard to please. Just wish it had more CPU space....that's all. Not saying unit is garbage and honestly it's in a class of its own. Can't really complain when nothing else even remotely touches what it can do. That said, there is always an improvement that can be made and/or implemented.

Well why have it if it's not gonna fit in most patches? This is a different animal than the Axe Fx II. Axe Fx II can be used more for recording direct, where the difference can be possibly heard. Even at normal, the CPU load gets congested with some possibilities I'd like to utilize.

Yeah, but as a rule the Axe-Fx and FX8 (and AX8) are block-compatible.
So effects cannot be different by device.

And for some users dedicated Hi-Q Reverb-presets will suffice.

Spring Reverb is your friend! :) I've reverted to spring now on most of my complex patches, and with a touch of EQ it really does the job. Saves me 10-20% in some cases. That is on an Axe-fx, I'd think it should apply to the FX-8 too though.

Reactions: yek
Yes cpu power is an issue.
I have a "simple preset", had to change because the cpu power..
Was: 2 drive blocks, 2 wah (one like crbaby and the other auto-wah, because in the X/Y function you can't do that in only one block), 1 phaser, 1 chorus, 1 reverb (on normal) and tried to use a pitch (octave).

No way the unit can handle it. Mainly because of the 2 drive blocks...
I have the AxeFxII MArk I and I think that I'll have to go back to it just for effects because of the cpu capacity...

:(

Yes cpu power is an issue.
I have a "simple preset", had to change because the cpu power..
Was: 2 drive blocks, 2 wah (one like crbaby and the other auto-wah, because in the X/Y function you can't do that in only one block), 1 phaser, 1 chorus, 1 reverb (on normal) and tried to use a pitch (octave).

No way the unit can handle it. Mainly because of the 2 drive blocks...
I have the AxeFxII MArk I and I think that I'll have to go back to it just for effects because of the cpu capacity...

:(

Missing my MFC101....LOVED that layout. A super Fractal FX pedal that allowed 5-10 presets per bank and 7-12 IA is ideally heaven for me.

May just buy a Axe Fx II XL and MFC101 again and get a head case with 2 space rack built in. This may be what I end up having to do. Again, waiting on my amp head...so we will see. Getting David Friedman to make me a relay cable to 7 din that switches EVH head channels as we speak too!

Missing my MFC101....LOVED that layout. A super Fractal FX pedal that allowed 5-10 presets per bank and 7-12 IA is ideally heaven for me.

May just buy a Axe Fx II XL and MFC101 again and get a head case with 2 space rack built in. This may be what I end up having to do. Again, waiting on my amp head...so we will see. Getting David Friedman to make me a relay cable to 7 din that switches EVH head channels as we speak too!

Just think, if you did that, you also would have an "instant" back up rig all the time......

I also don't understand something.........Chris, who knows these things inside and out, can have full presets with cpu left over..............I have to believe that some folks need to learn how to build chains with more efficiency without sacrificing sounds. I am sure Chris does not sacrifice anything with his setup....he just knows his way around it very well. Just MO.

I also don't understand something.........Chris, who knows these things inside and out, can have full presets with cpu left over..............I have to believe that some folks need to learn how to build chains with more efficiency without sacrificing sounds. I am sure Chris does not sacrifice anything with his setup....he just knows his way around it very well. Just MO.

Yes I believe Chris uses ancient techniques from the far east....

Yes I believe Chris uses ancient techniques from the far east....

Just trying to put some perspective on it....but hey-----your the guru obviously. Your reply will be.........That was a joke....uh.no it wasn't, I was trying to let you know that it is possible...but of course you then have to understand the equipment and not just complain about it in every post you make.

Back
Top Bottom