NOT COMPLETE OR OFFICIAL - FM9 Waitlist Tracker

It may be that as we see greater progress in email orders, the scale curve for invite times may significantly increase, given that the bulk of sales were requested early on. It's only an educated guess. Thx are credited to @Greg Ferguson for his good bookkeeping.
History has shown that to be true, evidenced by people crowding through the door when they open a store during a Black Friday sale. Later in the day, after the initial surge, people casually stroll through the doors… stepping over those who fell during the stampede.

In addition to the weekends when they don't process the list, there can be unforeseen events that affect the wait list. That was proven during the FM3 release and ensuing wait list and the virus decimating manufacturing and supply-lines, and earlier this year when Fractal releasing the FX3 Turbo. Eh, as they say, "merde happens." Again, history, and Fractal, showed that as the list progresses we'll see that people signing up slowed from a many/second, to a few/second, to many/minute, to a few/minute, ad infinitum, so for every day Fractal's invitations encompass bigger and bigger blocks of time, and entries, in the wait list.

I have no way of estimating the number of requests in the queue, so I try to show a reasonable guesstimate to the current point because the line is still going up. How long will it go up? I dunno. I'm not one who enjoys setting my own false hope or inflicting it on others, so I try to show the reality that I've been able to gather; Others can enjoy it as glass-half-full or half-empty information in their own calculations.

...In addition to the weekends when they don't process the list, there can be unforeseen events that affect the wait list. That was proven during the FM3 release and ensuing wait list and the virus decimating manufacturing and supply-lines, and earlier this year when Fractal releasing the FX3 Turbo. Eh, as they say, "merde happens." Again, history, and Fractal, showed that as the list progresses we'll see that people signing up slowed from a many/second, to a few/second, to many/minute, to a few/minute, ad infinitum, so for every day Fractal's invitations encompass bigger and bigger blocks of time, and entries, in the wait list.

I have no way of estimating the number of requests in the queue, so I try to show a reasonable guesstimate to the current point because the line is still going up. How long will it go up? I dunno. I'm not one who enjoys setting my own false hope or inflicting it on others, so I try to show the reality that I've been able to gather; Others can enjoy it as glass-half-full or half-empty information in their own calculations.
My feeling is, it may be a matter of waiting until "our horse comes in..." THEN, we can pony up for our FM9's. Meanwhile, we'll "ride until we reach our destination." Me? I'll be following along "on my little colt."

No sense trying to find a "saloon" when there's work to be done.

Considering somethings, it is a privilege when we receive something of value, though I consider a driver's license a privilege, not a right.

My feeling is, it may be a matter of waiting until "our horse comes in..." THEN, we can pony up for our FM9's. Meanwhile, we'll "ride until we reach our destination." Me? I'll be following along "on my little colt."

No sense trying to find a "saloon" when there's work to be done.

Considering somethings, it is a privilege when we receive something of value, though I consider a driver's license a privilege, not a right.
You‘re a weird bird, by which I mean “birds“ migrate during the winter seasons. Hence the “cookie“ not often falls far from the birch tree. Rock on Chicago, rock on Colorado, Pantene, don‘t hate me because I‘m beautiful.

Last edited:
I wonder what the curve looks like after day 1 invites. I’m sure there were just a ton on day 1, but then much less on day 2 and so on…. Will be interesting to see how fast it moves after, say, day 3 or so...

Just looking at the list and seeing that recently. about 5 people on the list get the link to order per business day. While this is a flawed estimate for many reasons, I am estimating that I'll receive an invitation to purchase on November 15, 2021. I will quote this when I actually receive my invitation just to see how wrong I am!

Invite received today. I updated the spreadsheet. Order not placed, still in process of organizing purchase.

Forum User NameDateTime (Eastern Time)DateTime (Eastern Time)DateTime (Eastern Time)
dejoblue8/27/20216:28 PM8/27/20216:28 PM11/3/2021TBD

For those of you that have already received your "Invite to Purchase." could you please share what fractal had in the SUBJECT line?

Oh I am dying over here. So on the spreadsheet there are 82 people who took the time ahead of me to enter their information. I am willing to bet 1/3 of people or less are taking time to put their information so that tells me there are probably 250-350 orders ahead of me. I wish when we signed up we were given a waitlist number which would give us a better idea.

Now on the bright side, there maybe an update or two before I get to order mine. Maybe I can get in when the FM9 "super ultra turbo" [no reference to an actual thing] is released :tearsofjoy:

Current FM9 orders per day (based on spreadsheet)

• 8/27 - 107
  • 8/28 - 16
  • 8/29 - 9
  • 8/30 - 4
  • 8/31 - 8
  • 9/1 - 1
  • 9/2 - 1
  • 9/3 - 2
  • 9/4 - 4
  • 9/6 - 1
  • 9/8 - 1
  • 9/21 - 1
  • obviously not every FM9 order, but is what is noted in this forum's spreadsheet.
  • could change if entries are added.

Current FM9 orders per day (based on spreadsheet)

• 8/27 - 107
  • 8/28 - 16
  • 8/29 - 9
  • 8/30 - 4
  • 8/31 - 8
  • 9/1 - 1
  • 9/2 - 1
  • 9/3 - 2
  • 9/4 - 4
  • 9/6 - 1
  • 9/8 - 1
  • 9/21 - 1
  • obviously not every FM9 order, but is what is noted in this forum's spreadsheet.
  • could change if entries are added.
I just added my order/waitlist email date to the spreadsheet - 8/30/21 @12:49pm EST

You have to wonder how many people got on the wait list on day one just to resell at double the price. I see 10 FM9s on Reverb and a few more on eBay. Either they were people who got sample units or jumped on the waitlist on the first hour just so they can resell. Fractal should figure out who these folks are and ban them from the wait list in my opinion. They are making all of us wait so they can make some extra cash.

You have to wonder how many people got on the wait list on day one just to resell at double the price. I see 10 FM9s on Reverb and a few more on eBay. Either they were people who got sample units or jumped on the waitlist on the first hour just so they can resell. Fractal should figure out who these folks are and ban them from the wait list in my opinion. They are making all of us wait so they can make some extra cash.
I mean you have to sell it above $2,000 to break even after taxes, shipping, and Reverb fees...so there doesn't seem to be a lot of profit available IMO unless people are buying for $2,200 or more.

Got my invite today and FM9 is now inbound. Nope, I won't be selling mine on Reverb or Ebay. It's possible you could pry from my cold dead hands. Lol!

I know I sent a request at 7:47pm on 8/27, but I think I also sent one about an hour earlier that I deleted by accident. Very sorry, not much help in that regard.

I mean you have to sell it above $2,000 to break even after taxes, shipping, and Reverb fees...so there doesn't seem to be a lot of profit available IMO unless people are buying for $2,200 or more.
I think at first they listed them for around $3500 or more. Looks like the prices dropped a bit but most are still asking over $3000.

Back
Top Bottom