[NOT A BUG] Tone Match Block doesn't......Tone Match

TheTrooper

Inspired
Now, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not (I used TM before and has always worked right, maybe something has changed with the updates?) but when I have audio from the PC going to the Axe for the "reference" tone, it works (I see the EQ moving and I can capture the sound) but when I press "Y" for the "local" tone no sound comes out form the speakers and the EQ on the "local" side doesn't move.

If I bypass the TM block and have a Cab block I have sound, (Amp+ Cab) so it must be something wrong with the Tone Match block.

Does anybody have a clue?

Ref Source: USB
Ref Chan: Sum L+R (I tryed with Right too, if I'm correct it should avoid phase issues)
Local Chan: Sum L+R
Ref Solo: OFF
AVG Time: 3.500 (That's the default I have)
Amount: 100%
Mode: Offline
Smoothing: 0%
Resolution: High
Lv: 0
Bal: 0
Byp Mode: Thru

Looks OK to me. If there is anything that inverts the phase of the left or right channel, L+R would cause phase cancellation and result in no input signal. Try Left or Right for Local Chan and see if you then get signal. If so, something is flipping the phase on one of your channels somewhere. TM block is working OK for me (XL on Q4.00). Have you tried it on different presets?

Looks like I can only get the local source if I have a Cab block NOT- Bypassed before the Tone Match (I always used it without it and has worked in the past that way).
If I bypass the Cab block I cannot get the local "Y" source......the mached sound doesn't really come close to the one I'm matching tough, too high endy and also the matched EQ (on the PROCESS page) is totally different compared to the X source (the sound I want to match)

In the "no local sound" scenario, did you have a bypassed cab block before the TM block? If the cab was set for mute bypass mode, that would explain it. Posting a preset may be useful if you haven't solved this yet.

In the "no local sound" scenario, did you have a bypassed cab block before the TM block? If the cab was set for mute bypass mode, that would explain it. Posting a preset may be useful if you haven't solved this yet.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh You might be right, I usually have the Cab block to "Mute".
I don't know if this has something to do with how the Cab is bypassed, but what basically happens is that the "Matched EQ" is reversed.

What I mean is: if You picture the EQ on the grid, with more Lows and Low mids than Highs, it's the opposite.
Highs are skyrocketed, while the lows are non-existent.

Tomorrow I'll try with Cab block bypass Thru and with a different preset.

Cheers man!

So Yeah, it was that, the Cab Block to Mute.
The TM Block had some funny/strange behaviour with the Cab to Mute.

@Bakerman Good call man, I had no idea ;)

Back
Top Bottom