Wish Nonlinearity and Mixer Function for Cab Block

Ian92

Hi Guy, would be nice to have a nonlinearity Function for the Cab Block, like the IRDX Plug from Bogren Digital or Cabinetron from TBT. Also a better IR Mixer like the one from STL Libra or also from Cabinetron. By this I mean this morphing function, where you can swipe between the cabs inside a circle. I think they call it "Cartesian Mixer".

Hi Guy, would be nice to have a nonlinearity Function for the Cab Block, like the IRDX Plug from Bogren Digital or Cabinetron from TBT. Also a better IR Mixer like the one from STL Libra or also from Cabinetron. By this I mean this morphing function, where you can swipe between the cabs inside a circle. I think they call it "Cartesian Mixer".
I think they already do some of this behind the scenes w the speaker impedance curves , there is a lot of non linearity in the Fractal core modelling

That's true, there is already a nonlinearity in the amp modeling. But I think the speaker impedance curve is just an EQ Curve and has nothing to do with the nonlinearity behaviors of a moving speaker. I recognized that if I put one of these Plugs on the reamped Tracks, they sound a little bit more "3d". Especially if I use the normal IRs. Would be nice to have this kind of "effect" directly in the Axe Fx

I checked out that Cartesian mixer and it is dreadful! It's like a surround panner, so you can't actually control the specific blend.

A B
C D

A+B Louder, C+D quieter: YES
A+D Louder, B+C quieter: NO
A louder: YES
A Louder while blend of BCD stays the same: NO

Reactions: Rex
I checked out that Cartesian mixer and it is dreadful! It's like a surround panner, so you can't actually control the specific blend.

A B
C D

Exactly. Back in the day, I had a Harman-Kardon quad receiver with a joystick ("Cartesian") balance control. It looked cool, but it put strict limits on what you could do with it.

1713578701817.jpeg

A B
C D

I would humbly disagree. A vector/cartesian mixer is more efficient and more intuitive than juggling multiple faders. Yes, there are some blends you can’t achieve when using 4 IR’s, but those tend to be contrived cases. That’s why a single vector mixer control is popular in UI design for a blend function instead of multiple faders. Some more details here:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/vector-mixer-for-irs-in-cab-block.192657/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom