Implemented Non-shared modifiers per channel

I see your plastic surgery was a success Ms. Diller.
Indeed....She gave me this 8x10 in our shared backstage dressing room after the show when I had the pleasure of being her opening act in 1988 on the Royal Caribbean MS Sovereign of the Seas..She was an absolute joy to hang with, hip and
Unpretentious,...and dammit, she did look good with all that facial reconstruction..better than most..
RIP..she’s with Fang now....

Last edited:
Implemented for next release.

This makes a huge difference for the III - Awesome - Any chance of getting an x/y/all version for AxefxII? (for those of us still saving our pennies?).

As an example of how significant this change would be on Axefx2: In all my patches I use 2 amp blocks one for dirt with a modifier to control drive/volume and one for clean (I don't use a modifier for the clean amp). The only reason I need 2 amp blocks per patch is becase the modifier on the 1st amp does not make sense for the 2nd amp so x/y within one amp will not work - hence I need two amp blocks on my Axe II per patch and cannot use x/y for dirt/clean (same would apply to Axe3). This change would save me loads of Cpu on AxII since I could remove 1 amp block from all my patches. Game changer for the now older models with more restricted cpu.

Last edited:
zhI6CTz.gif

I thought about this a bit. The idea I came up with is that the Modifier would have a Channel parameter: All, 1, 2, etc.
Sounds good, but let me ask a follow up question:

If you have created 2 modifiers for the same parameter (e.g. Drive), but with different settings
(e.g. one of them increases the Drive Level as you roll the pedal forward, but the other decreases it)...

and you have already toggled ONE of them to "on" for Channel 2;

and now, you're trying to toggle the SECOND one to "on" for Channel 2,
(thus causing a conflict between them),
what would happen?

Would it flash an error message? ...to prevent the conflict?

I guess it would be:

Cannot activate this modifier for
parameter "Drive"
on
channel "2"
That parameter already has a modifier!

...or something like that, right?

Last edited:

If you have created 2 modifiers for the same parameter (e.g. Drive), but with different settings
(e.g. one of them increases the Drive Level as you roll the pedal forward, but the other decreases it)...

what would happen?

I guess it would be:

parameter "Drive"
on
channel "2"

I would assume you would not have the option to select the value of a channel that already has a modifier.

what would happen?

I guess it would be:

parameter "Drive"
on
channel "2"

They'll "fight" each other. Don't do that.

I thought about this a bit. The idea I came up with is that the Modifier would have a Channel parameter: All, 1, 2, etc.

My follow up question ....

Would this allow assigning say Ext 2 to the drive control of all the amp block channels with independent settings for each channel?

...or for any other modifier capable parameter per channel for that matter?

This is similar to one of my controller wishes from long ago. The ability to assign more than one to a parameter, then choose the logic operator, and/or/nand/nor , etc. this would open up a f ton of possibilities.

My follow up question ....

Would this allow assigning say Ext 2 to the drive control of all the amp block channels with independent settings for each channel?

...or for any other modifier capable parameter per channel for that matter?

Yes that's was the wish request.

Back
Top Bottom