Implemented Non-shared modifiers per channel

Changed the tag back.

What we have now, since tonight, is different and better than we had. Previously when a modifier was attached to a parameter, it operated the same in X/Y and all Channels. Now it’s possible to, e.g., control Input Drive in Amp B (Friedman) with a scene controller, while having no modifier attached to Input Drive in Amp A (Fender) at all.

Last edited:
Changed the tag back.
Thanks!

What we have now, since tonight, is different and better than we had. Previously when a modifier was attached to a parameter, it operated the same in X/Y and all Channels. Now it’s possible to, e.g., control Input Drive in Amp B (Friedman) with a scene controller, while having no modifier attached to Inout Drive in Amp A (Fender) at all.

Oh right! that's indeed useful.

Changed the tag back.

What we have now, since tonight, is different and better than we had. Previously when a modifier was attached to a parameter, it operated the same in X/Y and all Channels. Now it’s possible to, e.g., control Input Drive in Amp B (Friedman) with a scene controller, while having no modifier attached to Input Drive in Amp A (Fender) at all.

This also fixes something for me where I had to use extra filter blocks because I had an LFO attached to the level and it was affecting every channel. With this, I can have it just apply to channel A, then in my other scenes, flip the filter block to channel B. Very cool!

How would that be any different to what we ready had tough?

The wish was for non-shared modifiers per channel for the same parameter so that we could apply different curves and settings to the same parameter on different channels.

Could a mod remove the implemented tag?

I’m sure the new behavior is useful for someone but I can’t see how I would use it myself.
That sounds to me like “Wish: Modifiers can change settings per channel.” That isn’t what “non-shared” means to me *shrug*

What we got is something many people wished for in previous gear. Many ways to use it!

I re-read the first post. Honestly majority of how you described it sounds like what we got. It’s just the last few words that show what you really wanted. I’d suggest marking this as implemented and making a new wish thread with a different, more specific title.

I was just going by the language in the manual, where it says modifiers are "shared" across channels.
I think that means exactly what this new feature changed.

“Assigning a LFO to Control on Channel A also assigns it to channel B, C and D” would be the long way to say that quote from the manual.

Modifiers being “Shared” to me doesn’t comment on how the settings are the same, but that the modifier itself is present on all channels.

Different interpretations I guess.

Back
Top Bottom