Nobody has the courage to ask. I'll be the one to do it!

When will the next firmware update with the long-awaited "gapless switch" arrive?

Nobody's asking because the only answer is the eventual post on these forums announcing said new firmware. That and all of the new models are exciting for sure, but really just candy. I highly doubt anyone's FM9 user experience is currently impacted by the lack of things that they never knew were possible or imminent just a few months ago.

I was hoping for an FM9 beta release before a "new beta" came out for the Axe 3....
Here's to hoping we get a beta release with all the added goods from the Axe 3 release plus its current beta.

I’m excited about the update. The new drive models are some of my favorites and the gapless switching is amazing. The FM9 is an amazing piece of gear.

Very soon
I too, like how you took some of the edge off by adding "very." Well played sir!

Also, to the OP, we've all had the same question, but we also know this standard answer awaits any of us who dare ask. Thank you all the same.

Here's hoping the gap between the last update and the next brings us gaplessness and much merriment.

I run a FRFIMO every Wednesday evening at 9PM Eastern via Zoom. If you suffer from Fractal Firmware Missing Out, please know you are not alone. We have several breakout groups for older firmware users as well. All are welcome.
I personally prefer moving my side of the zoom to my favorite beer hall. Drinking beer while commiserating with others seems to work so much better.

Back
Top Bottom