no whats in V9.0 thread yet?

This is going to be a very cool feature that I can see being very useful... [SideNote]I've thought about something like this for the PC where I'd like to save a "scene" of open programs, for example: Open VC++ with a specific project, Putty connected to a certain IP Address, WinSCP to an IP, A VirtualBox running my Linux development environment. Basically something that saves the current state of all my open programs as a Link so I can open it with a single click later... or even if it would just open the programs, that would be good. If anyone knows of a Windows "scene saver" program, I'm interested!... Edit: Look Here[/SideNote]... Having scenes on the AxeII will save me a lot of tap dancing and may even eliminate the need for one of my expression pedals. I'm having a tough time picturing how the MFC will handle this in Axe Mode where switches are linked to specific blocks. I'm sure FAS will have a well thought out way of integrating this. ;)

Last edited:
This is going to be a very cool feature that I can see being very useful... [SideNote]I've thought about something like this for the PC where I'd like to save a "scene" of open programs, for example: Open VC++ with a specific project, Putty connected to a certain IP Address, WinSCP to an IP, A VirtualBox running my Linux development environment. Basically something that saves the current state of all my open programs as a Link so I can open it with a single click later... or even if it would just open the programs, that would be good. If anyone knows of a Windows "scene saver" program, I'm interested![/SideNote]... Having scenes on the AxeII will save me a lot of tap dancing and may even eliminate the need for one of my expression pedals. I'm having a tough time picturing how the MFC will handle this in Axe Mode where switches are linked to specific blocks. I'm sure FAS will have a well thought out way of integrating this. ;)

I'm assuming what they are going to do in Axe Mode is maybe have options for scene 1 through scene 8 that you would select in setup, that would be really cool. Then you could add them to the bottom switches and get to them when you click on reveal. you would have at least five of them. This gets me excited.

I think I'm missing something - please correct me but wouldn't the new scenes functionality make X/Y redundant? With scenes we will have A/B/C/D/E/F/G/H.

I don't think so, because you could have different combinations per scene. Plus, once you have selected a scene, you can still change a Block's X/Y independently of the scene. Some scene examples:

Scene | Blocks
------------------------------------------------
A | Amp 1 (X), Drive 1 (X), Drive 2 (X, bypassed)
B | Amp 1 (X), Drive 1 (Y), Drive 2 (X, bypassed)
C | Amp 1 (Y), Drive 1 (Y), Drive 2 (X)
D | Amp 1 (Y), Drive 1 (X, bypassed), Drive 2 (Y)

What I'm wondering now is, how will we set up our IA switches? For example, I currently have 1-5 as presets (MFC presets, which are like scenes), and the rest control individual fx. With scenes, will there be a way to access the 8 options w/out giving up the individual fx on IA switches? Actually it may not be "giving up" because of the flexibility we gain, but I can envision a lot of situations where I would want to have the ability to both select a new scene, and retain the ability to be able to activate any of my currently programmed fx.

I also think I'm gonna *love* that each scene has it's own output level. Now I can just dial in the exact tone I want, and set a level appropriately w/out needing to assign levels via an Ext controller.

Regardless, can't wait to check this out!

For beta testing purposes I've set up my MFC (running in Axe-Fx mode) and an external switch to do it all: preset switching, Axe-Fx IAs, general use IAs, scene switching (using MIDI CCs), X/Y switching, controlling external controllers, switch linking.

Really advisable to think ahead. And what seems a great design in your head or on paper, may turn out to be a nightmare when actually using it... ;) But with all these options the sky is the limit. It all works well together beautifully.

Last edited:
Can the MFC be set up to just change patches using bank up and down? I envision with this having the bottom row of buttons for switching scenes and no patch change buttons, if I want to change patch (which I would now have to do very rarely) I could use the bank up and down buttons. /me excited :D

HMmmm... I've been thinking more about this. Let's say I have a preset that I copy to 7 other presets... so presets 130 through 137 are all the same... and now I change things a bit from one preset to the next such that 130 has Chorus/Delay OFF, 131 is the same except Chorus/Delay are ON, 132 has Drive ON, etc...

How does that differ from having "Scenes"?

If I understand correctly, they could all be in 1 preset with no delay in switching or spillover issues.

And:
- You don't have to use 8 presets, just 1
- If you make a change that you want to be common (Delay 1 Mix, for example) you don't have to remember to do it in 8 presets

HMmmm... I've been thinking more about this. Let's say I have a preset that I copy to 7 other presets... so presets 130 through 137 are all the same... and now I change things a bit from one preset to the next such that 130 has Chorus/Delay OFF, 131 is the same except Chorus/Delay are ON, 132 has Drive ON, etc...

How does that differ from having "Scenes"?

It doesn't. That is precisely what scenes are. It's a collection of bypass and X/Y states (and output volume).

I'm interested to see how this would best be implemented using the MFC-101. I'm currently doing something similar with switch linked General Use IAs with a fair degree of success.

It would be good to have a scene increment and scene decrement function in the midi-ctrl menu of the axe-fx, so we could step or cycle through the scenes and just need two IAs for 8 scenes.

The best MFC scene implementation for me would be for example to press preset 1 on the MFC to activate the preset as usually, and if the same preset switch is pressed a second time then you'll have 8 leds blinking on the eight IA switches (second and third row on the MFC) that would allow you to choose the one corresponding to the scene you want to recall. Press a blinking switch corresponding to the wished scene and then it goes back to preset mode with all IA switches working as usually.

If this is possible, you won't loose any IA or preset switch and get full access to all 8 scenes. A dream for the Axe and MFC user!
The only sacrifice would be the alternate preset function that you may access by pressing the same preset switch a second time. A very small drawback, really worth the 8 scenes access.

I can see this being really cool for using the same presets for live and recording use with different eq'ing, hi and low cuts, less or more gain, ect ect.

The best MFC scene implementation for me would be for example to press preset 1 on the MFC to activate the preset as usually, and if the same preset switch is pressed a second time then you'll have 8 leds blinking on the eight IA switches (second and third row on the MFC) that would allow you to choose the one corresponding to the scene you want to recall. Press a blinking switch corresponding to the wished scene and then it goes back to preset mode with all IA switches working as usually.

This would actually be pretty brilliant.

Unfreakin' real!! Didn't see this coming at all!
Cliff and FAS you keep outdoing yourselves!! Thaaank you!!!

I do like IP59's suggestion with the LEDs and the alt switch option as well.
Will be brilliant for sure!

Back
Top Bottom