No Global Block in FM3, How to do?

Hi everyone!

We know that FM3 doesn't have the Global Block feature.
So, how do you do to overcome this situation on stage?
I mean, for me is always necersarry adjut tone on stage, but I use one preset for each song. With no Global Bloack feature, it is impossible to adjust one drive block channel for all presets at once (for instance).

Do you have some tip?
Is there any other way to do it?

Regards!

Hi everyone!

I mean, for me is always necersarry adjut tone on stage, but I use one preset for each song. With no Global Bloack feature, it is impossible to adjust one drive block channel for all presets at once (for instance).

Do you have some tip?

Regards!

One of the frustrating things ... only a computer could help, otherwise you need to update all presets on the device manually ..

Yeah it’s a bummer we don’t have global blocks. But the global eq as mentioned is the way to do it. It’s a master eq adjust for your situation, room etc.

From years and years of gigging modeling devices...commit to your presents when at the gig. Seriously. FM3 gives you a global EQ and global wet mix offsets, use those if you absolutely are in a weird space which requires killing reverb or low end is out of control. Otherwise, once your at the gig it's generally time to forget about your tone and concentrate on the performance.

From years and years of gigging modeling devices...commit to your presents when at the gig. Seriously. FM3 gives you a global EQ and global wet mix offsets, use those if you absolutely are in a weird space which requires killing reverb or low end is out of control. Otherwise, once your at the gig it's generally time to forget about your tone and concentrate on the performance.

Exactly. I never understood the need of having these global settings. Having to tweak all your presets at the gig is a sign that you did not do your homework properly.

Last edited:
Exactly. I never understood the need of having these global settings. Having to tweak all your presets at the gig is a sign that you did not do your homework properly.
Different places have different acoustic characteristics... I never have drastic adjustments, only minor ones.
If you use traditional amp at home, when going to a gig, you never change bass/treble/mid pots? Same to stompboxes....
The issue here is that same drive block (TS9 for instance) I use in all presets or same amp block need to be adjusted at gig, and without global block it is impossible to do it. Impossible to change 30 presets on stage before a gig.

Come on boys.

The value of global blocks can not be underestimated.

Did none of you ever bend down on stage and turn the Drive or Level knob on your real Tube Screamer or whatever OD pedal a little up or down, for the entire gig?

Because THAT is the equivalent of a global block. Preparation helps but it's not the end of all.

Different places have different acoustic characteristics... I never have drastic adjustments, only minor ones.
If you use traditional amp at home, when going to a gig, you never change bass/treble/mid pots? Same to stompboxes....
The issue here is that same drive block (TS9 for instance) I use in all presets or same amp block need to be adjusted at gig, and without global block it is impossible to do it. Impossible to change 30 presets on stage before a gig.

Right. So forget about gain staging, seriously it will save you major headaches. The global EQ is what you should be adjusting for the room.

Come on boys.

The value of global blocks can not be underestimated.

Did none of you ever bend down on stage and turn the Drive or Level knob on your real Tube Screamer or whatever OD pedal a little up or down, for the entire gig?

Because THAT is the equivalent of a global block. Preparation helps but it's not the end of all.

Sure, but that was generally due to the knobs getting moved which after some time I just started marking them to make sure they were the always the same. Amp EQ was a different story where I might make major changes venue to venue, but that's where the global EQ in modeling devices is a a true gift. To be clear, I'm not suggesting global blocks wouldn't be useful, simply that if you don't have them don't try to update 10 presets at a 10 minute sound check, just commit to them and rock the fuck out.

Hi everyone!

Do you have some tip?

Regards!
Only way to do this is with a computer and FM3 Edit. There's a way to save knob adjustments to multiple presets at once.

"Gain adjustments? Just forget about it!"

Amazing.

Yep totally. Started using modelers over 20 years ago and can't even count how many gigs played. Quicky figured out that obsessing over that stuff with a modeler in a 10 minute load in/soundcheck was stupid and got me into more trouble than it was worth. Crowd cares a million times more about a heartfelt performance than whether the gain knob was on 6.5 or 7. And really, I've never found a room that really impacts how much gain I want to use. But hey, you do you.

Back
Top Bottom