NL12 Neolight ( 17lb ) are in stock ready for shipping

I do similar this too... but applied..
I keep getting the same results though..
people in the crowd point and laugh shouting "Clarky ! ! you're shite.. ! ! get off the stage... booooo!!!"

SO Clarky... you draw a crowd? And they enjoy your performance to the extent that they laugh? SOUnds pretty good to me.

Have you ever come across Twizz Twangle - a former postman who's colleagues came to his gigs to do exactly what your "fans" do. Developed quite a following. :)

not heard of him....
I guess it's all about your intention...
at least the Plymouth Sinfonia sound nasty by design.. lol..

I do similar this too... but applied..
I keep getting the same results though..
people in the crowd point and laugh shouting "Clarky ! ! you're shite.. ! ! get off the stage... booooo!!!"

I wasn't sure that I ought to give this a "Like" in case it implied that I agreed with Clarky's fans.

But hey - you're getting a crowd, and they enjoy what you're doing!!

Have you ever seen Twizz Twangle? (Not recommended, but ALL his fans go to see him because he's shyte - only he really TRULY is.)

SORRY, ENDED UP MAKING TWO POSTS HERE BY ACCIDENT.

Last edited:
not heard of him....
I guess it's all about your intention...
at least the Plymouth Sinfonia sound nasty by design.. lol..

Plymouth Sinfonia are interesting. They really, really want to be good, but... I used to know a Russian violin soloist/professor. He had to listen to all sorts of people trying to play enormously complex pieces. After one particularly dull performance of Tchaikovsky violin concerto, I asked how he could bear to listen... "I know how all the notes, so I enjoy how they should be inside my head."

So how many folks gigged with one of these suckers yet?

I did and they sounded amazing

file_zps5c91d5da.jpg

I have two upcoming gigs

9/13 -- will use the Q12 (fine tuning single coil patches)
9/20 -- larger venue will be using the NL12s

Has anyone dialed in the NL12 with a second output to FOH?
Just curious if there is an existing IR that sounds similar? Or if you shot an IR of the NL12, so you would have the same tone going to FOH?

that sounds killer!
such nice round "chime" to it.

Clean clip using the Wet Reverb.

The NL12 just kills through a tube amp as well.

Using my suhr Antique Tele with a Korina body and humbuckers!

Clip done with an iPhone

Has anyone dialed in the NL12 with a second output to FOH?
Just curious if there is an existing IR that sounds similar? Or if you shot an IR of the NL12, so you would have the same tone going to FOH?

I use 'em with cab sims. There'd be no point in putting a different cab in front of Output One to do what you're suggesting. The difference wouldn't be all that great, an in any case, after going through the FOH it ain't gonna sound the same. If you think about it, no speaker cabinet or monitor ever could....

I use 'em with cab sims. There'd be no point in putting a different cab in front of Output One to do what you're suggesting. The difference wouldn't be all that great, an in any case, after going through the FOH it ain't gonna sound the same. If you think about it, no speaker cabinet or monitor ever could....

So if you use a cab sim with the NL12, are you sending that same signal to FOH? If so, how does the FOH tone compare to the tone coming out of the NL12?

If i were to use (let's say) a 1x12 with a V30 as my stage rig, and still want to send a direct signal to FOH, i would use a Cab Sim of a V30 to go to FOH.
My process would be to dial the V30 cab to sound exactly how I want it. I would then either shoot an IR of that cab (and add that to my FOH chain), or I would use one of the IR's in the Axe that sounded closest to my V30 cab, and send that signal to my Studio Monitors to dial in and ensure they sounded similar. If they did not, I would tweak the Cab block as much as I could (maybe even add an Eq in the FOH chain) to try and get my Studio Monitor to sound as close to the V30 cab I had in the room with me.
This gives a great hybrid set up for gigging. Real cab on stage...and the same/similar tone going to FOH.

Just trying to figure out the best way to do this with the NL12.
Anyone else trying to use the NL12 while also sending direct signal to FOH?

So if you use a cab sim with the NL12, are you sending that same signal to FOH? If so, how does the FOH tone compare to the tone coming out of the NL12?

YES. BTW NOT SHOUTING....) IT SOUNDS PRETTY SIMILAR, ONLY FROM A GUITAR CAB NOT A MONITOR, WHICH IS WHAT I LIKE.

If i were to use (let's say) a 1x12 with a V30 as my stage rig, and still want to send a direct signal to FOH, i would use a Cab Sim of a V30 to go to FOH.

YES. I DO THIS WHEN I USE MY EVMs.

My process would be to dial the V30 cab to sound exactly how I want it. I would then either shoot an IR of that cab (and add that to my FOH chain), or I would use one of the IR's in the Axe that sounded closest to my V30 cab, and send that signal to my Studio Monitors to dial in and ensure they sounded similar. If they did not, I would tweak the Cab block as much as I could (maybe even add an Eq in the FOH chain) to try and get my Studio Monitor to sound as close to the V30 cab I had in the room with me.
This gives a great hybrid set up for gigging. Real cab on stage...and the same/similar tone going to FOH.

Just trying to figure out the best way to do this with the NL12.

SURE. THE POINT IS THAT YOU CAN USE CAB SIMS TO SHAPE YOUR SOUND, UNLIKE WITH MOST GUITAR SPEAKERS - ALTHOUGH NL12s ALSO SOUND FINE WITHOUT.

IMO, NL12's GIVE YOU THE GUITAR CAB FEELING THAT MONITORS DON'T.

BUT THEY MAY WELL BE ACCURATE ENOUGH TO LOW VOL LEVEL VOCALS - I'M TESTING THIS FOR USE AS A VERY SMALL PA / GUITAR RIG FOR MY ONE-MAN-BAND STUFF. PROGRAMME MUSIC SOUNDS OK THROUGH THEM, BUT I HAVE YET TO TRY AT VOLUME AND WITH VOCALS ALONE.

I MENTION THIS TO ILLUSTRATE THEIR FR CAPABILITIES. FR (AS IN 'FLAT RESPONSE') COULD BE ADJUSTED FOR SIMPLE VOCALS USING EQ. I DIDN'T NEED TO ADJUST MY EQ FOR AXE II, SO MIGHT NOT PROVE NECESSARY.
Anyone else trying to use the NL12 while also sending direct signal to FOH?

Answered as above....

For Information:

Matrix don't sell a cover for the NL12. So I ordered one from ROQSOLID. Please ignore the irritating monologue that starts up when you arrive. I really hope they take that down.

They didn't have Matrix among just about every other brand of cab or amp maker, but within hours of my request they had the Matrix logo up there and a cover for the NL12. So I ordered, four days later it arrived.

http://amplifiercoversonline.com/ze...e=product_info&cPath=107_377&products_id=3682
Easily to best cover I've got, with a tough canvas type outside and a thick felt type liner, and bright red piping. Exact fit for the NL12.

Price the same as other cab covers, which frankly look cheap and nasty by contract.

Highly recommended.

Last edited:
For u.s. based cats you might want to check out

Custom Covers and Bags by Studio Slips

They do terrific work!

For Information:

Matrix don't sell a cover for the NL12. So I ordered one from ROQSOLID. Please ignore the irritating monologue that starts up when you arrive. I really hope they take that down.

They didn't have Matrix among just about every other brand of cab or amp maker, but within hours of my request they had the Matrix logo up there and a cover for the NL12. So I ordered, four days later it arrived.

MATRIX AMPLIFICATION NL12 Cab Cover [NL12 Cab] - £29.00 : AmplifierCoversOnline.Com, ROQSOLID - manufacturer of custom-made amp covers, cab covers, speaker covers, mixer & mixer-amp covers, cajon bags, pedal-board bags, and covers and bags for a rang
Easily to best cover I've got, with a tough canvas type outside and a thick felt type liner, and bright red piping. Exact fit for the NL12.

Price the same as other cab covers, which frankly look cheap and nasty by contract.

Highly recommended.

How is the dispersion on this cabinet? Like a typical 1x12 or does it have a larger sweet spot? Does it beam like a typical guitar cabinet?

Pretty much like a 1x12 really ... but there again, I never considered 1x12's to be "beamy" in any way. Certainly wider than a 2x12" or 4x12" anyway.

I'm looking at getting one of the nl12 for a cab. Would I benefit from the gt1000fx vs the gt8000?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Love to hear a comparison of the Black Face compared to the AxeFX and Matrix with a similar chimey fender tone. Any chance you can do another iPhone recording?

Classic Black Face Vintage Fender amp tone

Nothing in the world like it.

It might as well be a piano.

I'm looking at getting one of the nl12 for a cab. Would I benefit from the gt1000fx vs the gt8000?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Either would be OK but I'd recommend the Gt1000 and the 16ohm version of the NL12 as the ratings pretty much match up (peak handling vs output of amp at 16 ohm) and the Gt1000 is more "open" sounding than the 800.

Back
Top Bottom