Niners lost so post the dang Ver 5 now so I have something to do

zentman

Experienced
Niners lost so post Ver 5 now so I have something to do

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
Even without the 1st downs they should have\would have won-The guy gave them the TD when he mis-fielded the punt and then the gave them the game with the fumble. A one man wrecking machine-He plyed well-for the giants.
boy was I bummed.

Two heart-breaking losses. I don't know who to feel worse for, the punt returner or the place kicker.

Fortunately I'm a Pats fan... (but the Giants will win the SB).

FWIW, my end-of-regular-season prediction was Giants and Ravens in the SB. Last year I picked Green Bay and the Steelers.

Two heart-breaking losses. I don't know who to feel worse for, the punt returner or the place kicker.

FWIW, my end-of-regular-season prediction was Giants and Ravens in the SB. Last year I picked Green Bay and the Steelers.

A Technical Genius AND a Nostradamus all in one!!! :p

I had Giants and Pats in it even though I wanted to see the Harbaugh Bowl. Frickin special teams blew it for both teams.

Yes, but did you put $100 on the Giants before the season when they were 100-1 to win the Super Bowl?

I'm just glad the Patriots won. Otherwise, Cliff might have gone into mourning and we might not see V5 until spring training!

I knew this would be a tough game for the Niners, but I didn't figure they'd lose it the way they did. I'm going with the punt returner only because he lost the game TWICE.

Hard to beat the refs too as the G-Men's RB Bradshaw was stripped of the ball at 2:29 of the fourth, which should've won it for the Niners in regulation, but NOOOOO, his forward progress was stopped blah blah blah (just like the "tuck-rule" that doomed the Raiders in Foxborough years back)!

It's obvious, the fix was in as the NFL wants a G-Men/Pats rematch.

Even without the 1st downs they should have\would have won-The guy gave them the TD when he mis-fielded the punt and then the gave them the game with the fumble. A one man wrecking machine-He plyed well-for the giants.
boy was I bummed.

Whoa whoa there buddy, no way the patriots lose the Super Bowl while the Redemption Team is on a roll. They will do it for the '07 season, they will do it for Myra Kraft, they will do it to right all the wrongs since 2004!!! And the Giants pass rush will be completely negated! Eli will be burried by big Vince and Brady will hand the Lombardi Trophy to Robert Kraft and all will be right in the universe!!!!

Niners have no offense; they will never win big with Alex Smith. The gameplan is hideous play not to lose, 2/7 passing in first half, no 3rd down conversions. The coaches are afraid of A. Smith so they hide him until the other team goes into prevent defense. They ran dixon on a 4 and 1, he is useless, and this killed all their momentum. Pats played horribly as well, and while I love brady, lee Evans caught the ball for a touchdown, turned around and was simply letting loose his grip when the Patriot knocked the ball out. It was not a drop, was a total catch and step, Baltimore won that game.

Niners were down to their 5th and 6th WR's (Morgan on IR, Ginn hurt, and Edwards gone), behind Crabtree (who is really a #2 most likely?), so with Webster taking Crabtree out of the game Smith had precious few places to go with the ball aside from TE's and RB's. Yes the Niner offense needs work no doubt (new coaches, system, no training camp etc, and depleted WR corps), but that wasn't the difference in the Championship game (though it would've likely been in the Super Bowl against the Pats as I don't see them being able to win that one inside on turf).

However, with the Niners "D" playing so well they still should have won the game barring the refs killing them with that forward progress BS. Bradshaw was getting tackled and going to the ground when we ripped the ball out. The forward progress rule is to stop teams from holding a player up and mugging him for the ball which is not what was happening on that play. Bradshaw was struggling and going down with one Niner on him when another Niner made the strip. If you watch the play look at Bradshaw's body language after the play, he definitely looked like he fumbled etc.

Eli with all his team healthy could barely muster 10 points without those short fields due to the Niner special team screwups.

Oh well...

Niners have no offense; they will never win big with Alex Smith. The gameplan is hideous play not to lose, 2/7 passing in first half, no 3rd down conversions. The coaches are afraid of A. Smith so they hide him until the other team goes into prevent defense. They ran dixon on a 4 and 1, he is useless, and this killed all their momentum. Pats played horribly as well, and while I love brady, lee Evans caught the ball for a touchdown, turned around and was simply letting loose his grip when the Patriot knocked the ball out. It was not a drop, was a total catch and step, Baltimore won that game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom