Nickelback on the III

Rich5150

Experienced
Went to see them tonite, they were doing a short 3 run tour and noticed axe edit running. Was cool to see them running the III, sounded great as I figured they would

F56359-A7-61-C9-46-C4-9-FBF-6-BDCDE917-B31.jpg

71-F5-AFDD-43-F9-49-F7-9-B75-A4718-DE25115.jpg

B4-ACC688-9404-49-D0-BEA6-283-E56-D1-E15-E.jpg

I've seen Nickelback 4 times between 2008 - 2019. They've had a consistent, but very good live sound every time I've seen them. Especially in the guitar department. Awesome to see them on Axe-Fxs now! Will be curious to see if I hear a difference or not the next time I see em.

Intresting, I thought they had said they use Axe2 for cleans and FX
And the Recto heads for the heavier stuff , looks like they upgraded
Wonder if it was all axe , they are doing 3 or 4 dates this year like Toronto , New York , Cali so they would probably want to travel light

Many hate them. But live they put on a hell of a show with pyro and antics. They always sound huge!
I think the hate they get is unjust and more of a "hey everyone hates them so i guess i better also". i never got that, whatever someone likes or dislikes should never have an influence and it never has on me. Ive been a fan of there's since The State.

Funny story a few years ago at work Photograph comes on and one of the Techs mockingly goes "Rich likes Nickelback" so i was like yes i do why is that funny, He had no viable argument so he walked away.

And yes they put on a hell of a live show

Intresting, I thought they had said they use Axe2 for cleans and FX
And the Recto heads for the heavier stuff , looks like they upgraded
Wonder if it was all axe , they are doing 3 or 4 dates this year like Toronto , New York , Cali so they would probably want to travel light
Im going with Frieght costs, and more consistent sound along with everything else they switched over, it was all III, everything was switching remotely via midi through ProTools I'm imagining .

It was a short 3 show run Toronto, NJ, And CT

Some good natured laughs at their silly lyrics somehow took on a life of its own and it just became a thing to make fun of them. Nobody deserves that kind of ridicule. One listen to the riffs in Follow You Home should stop anybody from laughing at them.

Are those duplicate rigs in the photos?

I think the hate they get is unjust and more of a "hey everyone hates them so i guess i better also". i never got that, whatever someone likes or dislikes should never have an influence and it never has on me. Ive been a fan of there's since The State.

Funny story a few years ago at work Photograph comes on and one of the Techs mockingly goes "Rich likes Nickelback" so i was like yes i do why is that funny, He had no viable argument so he walked away.

And yes they put on a hell of a live show

Fully agreed. Chad can write a catchy song and I dig a few of those songs, love the production on their albums and faulting anyone for being that successful is generally an eye roll-inducing thing for me. I drop this video when I see them getting bashed in the metal circles because I think it’s a great neutralizer-

Some good natured laughs at their silly lyrics somehow took on a life of its own and it just became a thing to make fun of them. Nobody deserves that kind of ridicule. One listen to the riffs in Follow You Home should stop anybody from laughing at them.

The one on the left side was Chad's the Right Ryan's. Not sure what the Bass was running through He was set up on the other side.

I think they are ok with it , there was a great interview w Chad recently
And he talked about cheesy lyrics and the inside jokes
He was talking about them writing
Something in your mouth and joking they should release it as first single cause it would never get played on radio and he goes so we did just for fun and next thing you know it’s all over the radio and he said me and Ryan were blown away , how the hell did we get this to work

He also said the photoshoots that they do are silly all day and the one they say give attitude is always the one they pick for promo
And the world goes yep there it is those 4 douches from Nickelback again
Meanwhile there is a roll of 20 other photos smiling ,laughing

He also said the photoshoots that they do are silly all day and the one they say give attitude is always the one they pick for promo
And the world goes yep there it is those 4 douches from Nickelback again
Meanwhile there is a roll of 20 other photos smiling ,laughing

Yeah, it’s like when people get in Blabbermouth comment sections and say things like “Why does Corey Taylor have to comment on everything?”

Uh….he gets interviewed and Blabbermouth chooses a portion of the interview to make it a headline. Corey Taylor isn‘t texting Blabbermouth saying “Hey! I have an opinion on this, please post it for me!” but people for some reason don’t understand that.

Kind of like how Beavis and Butt-Head essentially killed Winger's career almost overnight back in the day...

Went to see them tonite, they were doing a short 3 run tour and noticed axe edit running. Was cool to see them running the III, sounded great as I figured they would

F56359-A7-61-C9-46-C4-9-FBF-6-BDCDE917-B31.jpg

71-F5-AFDD-43-F9-49-F7-9-B75-A4718-DE25115.jpg

B4-ACC688-9404-49-D0-BEA6-283-E56-D1-E15-E.jpg
I am guessing their models on the heavy stuff like SanQuentin is the Recto 2 red

Science weighs in on Nickelback. Maybe more like pseudo-science. Some valid points, in my estimation.
Even Chad has confessed to the formulaic nature of their songs, and how he analyzed what made a song
gov over well versus one that didn't.

The "lack of authenticity" argument thing rings true to me. Like their latest dirge about a lawyer "keeping
me out of San Quentin."

Yeah, Chad you are so edgy and dangerous, Bro. 🤣

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/78221/scientific-explanation-why-everyone-hates-nickelback

"Their songs are ‘optimally safe’, where ‘everything is up to par with the requirements of the genre’, and which create ‘an illusion of hard rock’ (Ojala 2002). The music is described as being ‘fake’ (Riikonen 2012), ‘forced’ (Hilden 2011) and ‘performed through gritted teeth’ (Riikonen 2012). Van der San (2011) claims that Nickelback is ‘calculatingly hit-focused’; Ojala accuses them of ‘laughing all the way to the bank’ (2003). Overall, the descriptions imply that the songs are not genuine self-expression written willingly, but instead forced and made for commercial reasons."

Some people like Picasso paintings, others despise them.

It's the same with every artist.

Nickelback is an easy punchline for jokes the same way Jackson Pollock splatter paintings are.

That doesn't mean that Nickelback's art isn't good or effective. The fact that they can release music that sells in massive numbers and sell out venues means the art positively touches many people.

..."Their songs are ‘optimally safe’, where ‘everything is up to par with the requirements of the genre’, and which create ‘an illusion of hard rock’ (Ojala 2002). The music is described as being ‘fake’ (Riikonen 2012), ‘forced’ (Hilden 2011) and ‘performed through gritted teeth’ (Riikonen 2012). Van der San (2011) claims that Nickelback is ‘calculatingly hit-focused’; Ojala accuses them of ‘laughing all the way to the bank’ (2003). Overall, the descriptions imply that the songs are not genuine self-expression written willingly, but instead forced and made for commercial reasons."
Yeah, as if there has never been any other band or artist who wrote formulaic, calculated hits for commercial reasons.

Science weighs in on Nickelback. Maybe more like pseudo-science. Some valid points, in my estimation.
Even Chad has confessed to the formulaic nature of their songs, and how he analyzed what made a song
gov over well versus one that didn't.

The "lack of authenticity" argument thing rings true to me. Like their latest dirge about a lawyer "keeping
me out of San Quentin."

Yeah, Chad you are so edgy and dangerous, Bro. 🤣

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/78221/scientific-explanation-why-everyone-hates-nickelback

"Their songs are ‘optimally safe’, where ‘everything is up to par with the requirements of the genre’, and which create ‘an illusion of hard rock’ (Ojala 2002). The music is described as being ‘fake’ (Riikonen 2012), ‘forced’ (Hilden 2011) and ‘performed through gritted teeth’ (Riikonen 2012). Van der San (2011) claims that Nickelback is ‘calculatingly hit-focused’; Ojala accuses them of ‘laughing all the way to the bank’ (2003). Overall, the descriptions imply that the songs are not genuine self-expression written willingly, but instead forced and made for commercial reasons."
There is an alternate reason Chad talked about over saturation and radio bombardment
He says in 1998 99 whatever it was
This is how you remind me was played pretty much every hour on all radio stations in North America
He was like imagine driving down the coast and hearing the that same
Damn song 10 times
Change the channels and boom you get it again
Same with Rockstar when it came out

Back
Top Bottom