Nickelback on the III

I talked with Mark privately at one show. He played his recto rev F with bass fully cranked.
I laughed at that info really a lot :-D
But the sound was amazing, so :cool:

Flyleaf ran theirs the same way, all the bass & mids, nearly none of the treble or presence, and it was 10-ton hammer heavy.

Nickleback. Not into personalities, but their production is outstanding via high quality studio monitors/Apple Music (lossless)

Just searched and Chase Baseford was the producer/mix engineer ( chrisbaseford.com for credits ).

Last edited:
I've seen Nickelback 4 times between 2008 - 2019. They've had a consistent, but very good live sound every time I've seen them. Especially in the guitar department. Awesome to see them on Axe-Fxs now! Will be curious to see if I hear a difference or not the next time I see em.
They've been on Fractal for a while now, though I can't pinpoint the exact year (maybe @Admin M@ can) -- I first worked with their producer, Chris, on sounds for a record of theirs in 2019.

yeah, actually if you turn off the treble, you will cut through much more, the mids will shift and will be much more cutting. then use the presence to control your high end. works every time.
I've had a Tremoverb, Lonestar and Roadster, the Mesa EQ seemed counter-intuitive at times and took some time to figure out. I've always wondered what their amps would sound like with a typical tonestack or active EQ (like the JSX) rather than the interactive type they use.

I've had a Tremoverb, Lonestar and Roadster, the Mesa EQ seemed counter-intuitive at times and took some time to figure out. I've always wondered what their amps would sound like with a typical tonestack or active EQ (like the JSX) rather than the interactive type they use.
Dial it up on your Axe then, why not?

View attachment 111480My buddy was working that gig and snapped a photo for me during soundcheck lol. Stock fractal cab, they tried their own IR’s and the fractal stuff worked better is what he told me.
I thought it said : Amp 1 Rectal Red. Amp 2 Not Used.

For a second I thought they had a custom model. Then I realized it would probably sound like crap and looked at the label in the type area.

Back
Top Bottom