Nice Job on the New Website!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still adjusting but it's a lot easier to read. Big thumbs up!
To be honest, I have exactly the opposite oppinion on the new board...
It's ... a bit flashy. Too many distracting elements.
I can't even find new posts that easily. Where is that displayed?

Also, when you post, the thread afterwards still has a blue link, which implies it's unread even if you just posted.

I think the new design is very confusing.

I'm not a fan of the new layout. I found the old style much easier to follow and track what was read/unread.
The new layout feels very clunky and the colour scheme does not provide enough definition between elements.

I can look in to adding a "High Contrast Style". We will also continue to be making improvements as time goes by. I know though that you'd all rather we remain 110% dedicated to the AX8 ;-)

PS: Cliff's issue has been fixed: as an admin, he had access to a beta version of the "style" which was badly broken!

To be honest, I hate the new forum all together. Lack of Tapatalk support being a good part of it. They layout, color, quotes, sigs, trying to find a way to get automatically subscribed to a thread in which you replied in for notifications, the notification bar itself is terrible, ect., ect.

I hate it all.

Not a fan just yet but I'm not good with change. I'm sure I'll get use to it soon. On my phone I no longer see all the posts that are in each category.

Not a fan of the new layout too. Everything seems to take up a lot of space. If you are on a laptop with a small screen reading through the various posts is tedious.

I can promise you this: with as many users as this forum has, there is no one layout that will make everyone happy.
True, but they could look into making some tweaks to the forum that would make the majority of us happier.

I can look in to adding a "High Contrast Style". We will also continue to be making improvements as time goes by. I know though that you'd all rather we remain 110% dedicated to the AX8 ;-)

PS: Cliff's issue has been fixed: as an admin, he had access to a beta version of the "style" which was badly broken!

TGP is also on XenForo software and I find their layout very easy to navigate. Just my 2 cents if you're looking for examples and ideas.

Always takes a while for users to get comfortable in new forum software.

I think it looks and works great on PC, but for me the jury is still out on mobile. The responsive format is nice, obviously way better than the old forum in a mobile browser, but it's still not as fast and good as Tapatalk or Forumrunner app. Especially on a small screen like my iPhone 5s. The other thing is.. I believe TT and FR result in less mobile bandwidth consumption because they don't automatically download posted images in threads.

Always takes a while for users to get comfortable in new forum software.

I think it looks and works great on PC, but for me the jury is still out on mobile. The responsive format is nice, obviously way better than the old forum in a mobile browser, but it's still not as fast and good as Tapatalk or Forumrunner app. Especially on a small screen like my iPhone 5s. The other thing is.. I believe TT and FR result in less mobile bandwidth consumption because they don't automatically download posted images in threads.
ForumRunner in owned by VB so that's out for a Xenforo forum. And Tapatalk had massive security risks for enabling it -- they cache passwords to the sites in their own DB. Not to mention: forced ad injection is plain old icky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom