NGD - Suhr Modern Custom

Wow! That's beautiful. Been jonesing for one of these for a while.
Of course, I have to agree. ;-]

I had Modern that I returned a few years ago because it just didn't seem right - nothing at all wrong with it, but just not for me.

Lately, I'd been wanting to give Suhr another try. I spotted this one and couldn't get it off my mind, so went for it. I even broke my own rule of buying a guitar that I hadn't played first - with no returns allowed. I had SERIOUS buyer's remorse after I pulled the trigger, but that all went away within half an hour of playing it.

Wow! Coongrats. :)

I can recall the first guitar I bought with "Roasted/Baked Maple" on it. It was a Bonamassa LP Studio
and they cooked it a little too much (during the great Rosewood/Eboony crisis and lawsuits Gibson endured).
The Roasted Maple board ended up being not as wide as the Mahogany neck, and you could feel it.
It was clearly a new technique and poorly executed.

It's kind of crazy how that was about 10 years ago when one company was forced into "Roasting Maple"
and now it is kind of standard on a lot of guitars. I have grown to love it. I have a Charvel with a Roasted
Maple Neck and it feels and plays great.

Very nice! Can I ask exactly how you took those pics? They really show the guitar quite well.
Thanks! I'd be happy to share how those pics were taken, but I wasn't the photographer.

Most of those pics were from the Reverb listing. The first two are from Suhr; the front and back pics with someone holding the guitar. I just googled "suhr" and the serial number to find those.

Back
Top Bottom