NGD - Suhr Modern Custom

hows swamp ash? is it bright? Awesome guitar and aldrich pups are great! Here is mine
That's beautiful! My first Warmoth build was trans pure over quilt maple.

Ash seems a bit brighter than alder, but not overly so. I've had quite a few guitars with ash bodies and like that a lot.

Whats the tone of swamp ash? Its one wood i havent tried. I am a huge fan of koa. Here is my koa

Attachments

• 20210228_132758.jpg
    20210228_132758.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Whats the tone of swamp ash? Its one wood i havent tried. I am a huge fan of koa. Here is my koa
That's a great-looking guitar! I recently sold a guitar with a flamed koa top to help fund the Suhr.

Swamp ash, to me, can be a bit brighter than alder. That might be an aural illusion due to a bit of a cut in the mids. It really depends on the piece of wood - it's weight and density. Overall, I'd describe swamp ash as clear and resonant. The top wood, if used, makes a difference, too.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable about tonewoods will respond. I know I like swamp ash, but don't have an easy time describing tone subtleties without using terms like "chewy", "spanky", etc. ;-]

One of the main reasons I like swamp ash is the way it looks - it can be really nice under a clear finish.

Back
Top Bottom