NGD- Music Man Albert Lee HH

Rick

Axe-Master
My Christmas present to me...

A Music Man Albert Lee HH. I had one of the MM90s, loved the way it played, couldn't quite get the sound I wanted so I sold it. Picked up this one to be my alternate with the 513 I rely on... a nice change and quite a bit lighter. Candy red, rosewood neck, screaming Dimarzios... nice! Taking it for the inaugural gig break-in tonight. If you guys haven't tried the Music Man guitars, you ought to give them a shot, I am thoroughly impressed.

attachment.php

Attachments

• MMALHH.jpg
    MMALHH.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 125
I love those Albert Lee's. With that five way switch it's super versatile and the all-rosewood neck versions look and feel great.

I normally use woman nicknames for my guitars, but I think I'll call this one Elroy... reminds me of George Jetson somehow.

Update, gig report: Ended up playing the Albert Lee all night. It takes a lot to keep the 513 on the guitar stand all night long, but I found myself really enjoying the comfortable feel of the Music Man neck and the way the Dimarzios cut through the mix in a packed room and full dance floor. While using the settings tweaked for the PRS 513, the guitar lacked some of the roundness and transparency of my main axe, it made up for it with an edgy and poppy tone that really invited exploring. Awesome guitar, easily a keeper. Added bonus, it is much lighter and was easier on my back during a 4 hour night.

Will it replace my 513? Likely not. But it will be a regular stage fixture and will share the nightly duties. That's high praise in my world!

PS- This also tells me I really need to find a 513 with a bare rosewood neck. I just love the feel, and could swear it adds to the tone of the guitar. I love the 513 and all you can do with it, and think a rosewood neck might truly make it the ultimate guitar for me.

Happy New Year!

nice guitar. i love finding those "special" ones that just feel and connect like old friends. my main axe for years was an r9 but i fell in love with a black r7 that just blew me away in every aspect. also love the all rosewood necks. have a mccarty and its so different from the hog neck. congrats man, very cool guitar!

Very nice guitar.

Music Man guitars are easily some of the best guitars out there. Played a JP6 a few days ago and couldn't put it down.

I had to buy it.

Very nice guitar.

Music Man guitars are easily some of the best guitars out there. Played a JP6 a few days ago and couldn't put it down.

I had to buy it.

Agreed. It seems from all the ones I have played guitar and bass that they have high quality standards and a great design team.

Agreed. It seems from all the ones I have played guitar and bass that they have high quality standards and a great design team.

I have one other EBMM, a Stingray 5 HH bass. I'm no great bass player, but that thing just shines. Very well put together, with a stack of genuinely useful bass tones. Even makes me sound good!

Back
Top Bottom