NGD!! - EVH

yeah the fine tuner on the E is backed out as much as i can do without excessive force. it just hovers /ever slight touching the floyd locking screw but then of course when you engage the Dtuna it is however pressing down fair bit on the barrel of the Dtuna. i wonder if its that extra bit causing more downward pressure thereby lifting the spring plate. The fine tuners are stiff as hell in general as noted by others for the 1000 floyds. I'm leary about applying excessive force with pliers to see if i can back out that screw but then again i don't know if that's how its designed to only come out that far. I may grab some 3 in 1 oil and see if that helps. unless its indeed crimped and i've reached the max already

I mentioned earlier that I ordered a Tesi LED kill switch. I found this post of someone that installed it on the lower horn like I'm thinking. It would be more practical/easy to do on the actual pickguard but I think i'd prefer it on the horn like a lot of Wolfies have. I don't care that I'm destructively modding ...i mean its a frankie! and I dont ever plan on selling....so why not right?
https://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/threads/62050-EVH-USA-Stealth-KIllswitch-Install-How-I-did-it

after work made a few adjustments to the trem claw. tightening. It has closed the gap somewhat actually. Not perfect but better. I keep splitting the difference but now i'm just having issues mainly on the G string and a bit on the A. I could live with it just knowing even 2 fine tuners just need a slight turn either way whenever i engage/disengage. I mean i play at home for pete sake. I have 5 seconds to spare to adjust on the fly. Not a gigging musician in the middle of a set/song

Back
Top Bottom