NGD!! - EVH

I ordered the kill switch w/led +stereo jack. Not sure if i'll use the jack or just use a rocker switch. will be a fun little mod project. Don't think i'm going to worry about the neck pickup anytime soon. I mean if i want to play neck positions i'll reach for my other guitars. I like the simplicity of one pickup on this frankie.

Feeling blessed to have such amazing instruments. I've cycled through a number of guitars over the years but I think I can safely say these two are never leaving. Both fit my hands so well. The Govan feels like a Bentley/Mercedes. Exudes luxury and finesse. Truly well crafted. The Frankie feels like a fun weekend Ferrari. Just fun and inspiring to play....and rips of course!

Attachments

• NGDS.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
if you want a regular neck tele that isnt older usa (people asking funny money for those these days..) the player DE are solid.
Good to know! What does the DE mean? deluxe? Yeah i def will pick up a tele down the road. nothing anytime soon. blowing my load lately with these latest acquisitions.

Spending more time playing today and I'm reminded of what it's like working with double locking trem. My only other guitar with that is my Axis which I have not touched in over a year. I also forgot how delicate a setup the D-Tuna is. It was all great when I brought it home yesterday but it was setup in E Standard. All my guitars are in Eb so today tuned the Frankie down half step but it's thrown off the setup a bit. Engaging the D-Tuna for E tuning is throwing off other strings to go few cents flat. I'm guessing I may need to loosen the trem claws a tad. It's funny I've always aimed to have easiest action possible in the past but just tuning down half step here it's actually feeling a bit sloppy /loose. I usually use 9's or the hybrid (9-46). Frankie comes with 9's and was tuned to E standard and i actually preferred the feel better. hmm.....

Spending more time playing today and I'm reminded of what it's like working with double locking trem. My only other guitar with that is my Axis which I have not touched in over a year. I also forgot how delicate a setup the D-Tuna is. It was all great when I brought it home yesterday but it was setup in E Standard. All my guitars are in Eb so today tuned the Frankie down half step but it's thrown off the setup a bit. Engaging the D-Tuna for E tuning is throwing off other strings to go few cents flat. I'm guessing I may need to loosen the trem claws a tad. It's funny I've always aimed to have easiest action possible in the past but just tuning down half step here it's actually feeling a bit sloppy /loose. I usually use 9's or the hybrid (9-46). Frankie comes with 9's and was tuned to E standard and i actually preferred the feel better. hmm.....
Just curious, do you tune to Eb because if how it feels on your other guitars? How it sounds? Because you play songs whose original versions were done that way?

The obvious solution for the hassle you're hassling just to leave in standard pitch, as you've concluded, whether you actually do that or not :)

Just curious, do you tune to Eb because if how it feels on your other guitars? How it sounds? Because you play songs whose original versions were done that way?

The obvious solution for the hassle you're hassling just to leave in standard pitch, as you've concluded, whether you actually do that or not :)
Had to think about why I actually do that. habit. I just started doing that long ago probably so i could play along to VH and also somewhat to have 'easier' action. My other guitars are all setup this way and its totally fine but its feeling a bit too loose so far on the Frankie. I havent' adjusted anything yet. This has me rethinking my approach. Is this a sign of 'growing up?" ha. looser feel is easier , sure but at the same time you need the right amount of tension for good technique also. I think part of this is getting reaquainted with this type of trem. Floating trems its just adjusting the trem claw to get the balanced tension to whatever tuning/string guage so the bridge is parallel.

edit: what I have done on most my guitars so that its not too loose is use 9-46. I'm finding 9-42 in Eb too loose (mainly the E&A strings) here so that's probably it.

Last edited:
Good to know! What does the DE mean? deluxe? Yeah i def will pick up a tele down the road. nothing anytime soon. blowing my load lately with these latest acquisitions.
Loose in E is a good time too ;) pick lighter, exert less energy overall, focus more because hamming doesnt work and enjoy (or something like that!?).

Pretty sure DE is deluxe edition yeah. The green is duncan quarter pounders and burgundy is ebony board, im sure theres more.

I decided using a pitch block was much easier than changing my guitar tuning!
The D-tuna is very touchy. My Wolfgang signature d-tuna works very well but I’ve had a couple that no matter how much I adjusted it- it would make everything off. 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom