News of the MidyAX2 - Pilot the AXE-FX with MIDI controllers (X-Touch, BCR2000, Guitar Wing, ...)

Until we stopped selling them, the BCF-2000 units had a 35-40% DOA rate.

I have a funny behavior on one of the BCR2000 I have. 2 encoders control the same thing. They have "logically merged":eek:. I tried to clean the circuit inside but that did nothing.

The MINI is a much better fabrication indeed. I have an ARTURIA BeatStep (with 16 encoders) and these are also very good quality (espiaclly compared to BCR/BCF ;))

There will soon be a new version of the MidyAX 2.

Here are a few Screen shots :

-The MIDI controller screens
2016-12-23%20-%20X-Touch%20Mini%20screen.png

The MidyAX 2 now manages Mapping Pages.For the X-Touch Mini, buttons 1 to 16 allow access 16 pages with :
- 8 AXE-FX parameters controlled by the encoders
- 8 AXE-FX parameters controlled by the switches on the encoder ( ON/OFF param like BOOST, FAT, ...)

I will give more details on the operation of the MidyAX in the next post.

2016-12-23%20-%20BCF2000%20screen.png

2016-12-23%20-%20BCR2000%20screen.png

2016-12-23%20-%20BeatStep%20screen.png

and in the making
2016-12-23%20-%20FCB1010%20screen.png

- The main MidyAX screen with a MIDI event log window and the MIDI connection status
2016-12-23%20-%20Main%20MidyAX%20screen.png

- the MIDI mapping screen. Set-up can now be automatic with new auto-connect feature

2016-12-23%20-%20MIDI%20setup%20screen.png

Big thanks DLC86 for the interest that got me moving again. ;)

@DLC86
I have added the possibility to send CC direct to the AXE-FX from a MIDI controller "connected' to the MidyAX. Since the B layer on the X-Touch MINI does not receive value update issue CC (sent from MidyAX), the layer B is not mapped to AXE-FX param. But the B layer can be used for LOOPER control (with the 16 push buttons). On my X-touch mini config I have mapped the "big" slidder to the output volume 1 (in both layer A and B). Hope it'll useful to you. This is done on a specific AXE-FX CC MIDI channel (14 by default).

Here's a little diagram that should make things clearer :
2016-12-23%20-%20MidyAX%20MIDI%20operation.png

Last edited:
Thanks. Have nice end of year celebrations.

I forgot to mention a few restrictions of version 0.5 :
- only works with AXE II for now --> I'll add the AX8 and AXE-XL very soon
- for page change, the MIDI channel has to be 16 and CC 1 to number of page change buttons (on X-Touch MINI = 16 button of layer A)
- for param control, the MIDI channel has to be 1 for BCR2000, 2 for BCF2000, 11 for X-Touch MINI and BeatStep
- for AXE-FX CC, the MIDI channel has to be 14
- the previous version INI file has to be removed before first start-up

I should be able to lift all these constraints by Monday with a new version.

Thanks. I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

I am getting a LIVID Guitar Wing for Noël. It's MIDI over bluetooth, but, using their USB dongle, it should look just like any other MIDI input/output on an OS (LINUX, Windows,...). I Try it out soon. :)

Here's version 0.6 : https://www.sfrcloud.sfr.fr/web/app/share/invite/iZXnHqj1ZR

That lifts the following limitations :
- only works with AXE II for now --> I'll add the AX8 and AXE-XL very soon
- for page change, the MIDI channel has to be 16
- for param control, the MIDI channel has to be 1 for BCR2000, 2 for BCF2000, 11 for X-Touch MINI and BeatStep
- for AXE-FX CC, the MIDI channel has to be 14
and fixes a few bugs that I found along the way.

The MIDI channels used by the MIDI controllers to communicate with the MidyAX can now be set in the MIDI set-up dialog :
2017-01-03%20-%20MIDI%20setup%20screen.png

Last edited:
Hello Palygap, will your app on windows will transfert midi though USB, so you'll need a pc and one midi controller connect on it?

Hello iNX

Yes the MidyAX on WINDOWS/MAC OS/LINUX will transfert MIDI through USB. The MIDI controllers like BCR2000/BCF2000/X-TOUCH/Guitar wing sends MIDI CCs that are either converted to SYSEX or passed on (converted or not converted) to the AXE-FX through its USB connection.

A main idea behind the project is to be able to control the AXE-FX many params (more than a thousand) from MIDI controllers with physical controller (encoders, buttons, sliders).

I shall publish a MAC and Windows version SOON. And Raspberry pi 3 version, since this is the main target platform for the MidyAX.

Here's a new version (0.7) of the MidyAX 2:
MAC: https://www.sfrcloud.sfr.fr/web/app/share/invite/SgOT3nYe5t
Linux (Debian x86-32bits) : https://www.sfrcloud.sfr.fr/web/app/share/invite/GNhSkrWmVz

It allows for custom map of AXE-FX CC (like Ext-Cont) onto a MIDI control surface or pedalBoard (for now only FCB1010). The AXE-FX CC mapping can be mixed with the existing AXE-FX parameter mapping.

The Windows 10 version should follow soon as well as the RPi3 version.

The new MidyAX 2 version includes a first declination of a FCB1010 dialog :
2017-01-10-FCB1010p1

This dialog has 10 pages to match the 10 presets of the standard FCB1010 (not UNO or EUREKAPROM). It requires a specific set-up of the FCB1010 where 2 CCs (one for page, one for param) are send for each switch press. Here the corresponding SYSEX file : https://www.sfrcloud.sfr.fr/web/app/share/invite/ptK48gSML3

Here is the 2nd page :
2017-01-10-FCB1010p2

I also got my new Guitar Wing to work with the MidyAX ... and it is fun to use it to "Live" control param of the AXE-FX. I have to finish the Guitar Wing dialog, right now it's a reuse of the Beatstep dialog with only 10 Knobs and 10 pushButtons activated :
2017-01-10-GuitarWing

A QuNeo dialog is also in the work.

only on windows 10?
I did not check if it worked or not on Windows 7. Could be that it's OK. I tried it on WIN10 in a VM on my MAC. The "real" target platform of the MidyAX 2 is actually the RPi3. I'll soon build the MidyAX 2 for it.

Reactions: iNX
I've test on win7, it say "No MIDI input port is available", I'm at work and don't have any controller

I've test on win7, it say "No MIDI input port is available", I'm at work and don't have any controller
That's a good sign :) It looks like a message sent by the program.

Does it say ""No MIDI input port is available. Connect MIDI device(s) and restart the program" ?

Reactions: iNX
Just tried on Windows 7 and it works wonderfully! ;)

Ps: some parameters also needs update I think, for example FAT and BRIGHT switch don't respond, and low cut in the drive block displays wrong values.
I'll try to make a list with all the imperfections to help you if you want

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom