New user...need some guidance. :)

Wow!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Just perusing your youtube channel...

Awesome!

I don't have a MidiMate. With my FCB1010 all I see on the Axe-FX when moving the pedal is the green midi light underneath the lcd screen. Basically you go to the I/O button, ctrl page, there you have the OUT1 VOLUME and OUT2 Volume, you point at one of those, press enter and move the pedal. Done.
If it doesn't do that, the MidiMate is not transmitting the pedal control data.

BTW, you might consider a rackbag. They have them as shoulderbag-style or back-pack style. I believe Larry Mitchell is using one of those. I have a Kases, but I'm not very impressed with the quality. Then again, I didn't get it new. Maybe the other brands are better.

Now where did I drop those dentures... Had them half an hour ago...

Muris_Varajic said:
The way I see it it has to be connected to Output1 in controller menu/page.
Now, is this the same main volume from layout/mix page or is it for volume/pan block?
I just did some tweaking with midi, I couldn't hear if volume decreases or increases when I move the pedal (didn't connect it to monitors)
but I certainly haven't been able to see any changes on display, no matter which page I choose to watch of those 2 mentioned above.
Are those changes visible on AxeFX display as I move the pedal?
Probably yes...I have been doing same thing on Rocktron Prophesy and if Prophesy can do it I guess AxeFX can do as well!

Maybe I missed something in midi configuration, both on MidiMate and AxeFx (including controller and pedal tweaking),
any hints?

Hi Muris!

There are many ways to control the volume ;-)

The most common:
Push the "I/O"-Button, go to the "CTRL"-Tab and check OUT1 and OUT2 Volume. The Axe has a learn-feature: Navigate (NAV-buttons) e.g. to the OUT1-Volume and press Enter-Button. Then move your volume-pedal. Now the Axe should have detected the right midi-parameters for the global volume control for output OUT1.

I have both OUT1/OUT2 set to the same CC, but nevertheless it is possible to control them independently.

When moving the volume pedal the "Midi-In"-LED should be illuminated to show you that the Axe receives midi data. If this is so, your midi-controller is connected. If not, check midi channel on both devices, check cable connection and so on...

(I use a Behringer FCB 1010 as well.. it works fine)

Hope this helps :)

Cheers Thomas

Oh, those are great explanations guys, thanks!!

edit: I couldn't help myself so I went to rehearsal room right away,
I did what you suggested me to do and voila, volume is under my foot, you guys rock. :cool:

Don't forget than on the MidiMate, the external pedal ctrl N° has to be set for each patch. A pain in the a$$ if you ask me

fremen said:
Don't forget than on the MidiMate, the external pedal ctrl N° has to be set for each patch. A pain in the a$$ if you ask me

Oh, that's already programed that way since I was using it with Prophesy, all good. :)

Hey, regarding your Waves cover, do you have a backing track for that song ? I found one in a russian site but couldn't download it :(

If you want to do volume pedal swells with delays and other effects continuing or spilling over between swells, try assigning the controller to the gain or master volume of your amp block (or anything before the amp).

jojo said:
If you want to do volume pedal swells with delays and other effects continuing or spilling over between swells, try assigning the controller to the gain or master volume of your amp block (or anything before the amp).

That's also very cool and useful idea, thanks for sharing.
What I need with expression pedal atm is just to control overall output of the Axe, no volume effects or anything like that.
I do however use regular volume pedal before the Axe for volume/gain stuff.
Hopefully MFC101 is about to come out soon, it'll be great to hook 2-3 expression pedals in it and do all funny things. :)

You can do some nice Holdworth-type swells using multi-tap delays and crystals, fading the next chord in while the other decays in the delays. I use 2 controllers and 2 switches right now, it's fun.

By the way, you are an awesome musician. I love listening to your stuff.

Back
Top Bottom