AFIII New tune 4 years in the making. Mix of Axefx2 and Axefx3 tones. Progressive metal/rock.

erockomania

Experienced

Hey all! I wrote this one 4 years ago and couldn't find a singer to save my life. Finally found a great one and released this tune today!
Rerecording some of the parts lost some of the feel so I went back to the original tones which I felt were fine even after 4 years :D

Verse clean tones are all afx3, Chorus tones are mostly axefx2 forward with some support with Axefx3. Friedman amps.

GEAR:
Guitars - Skervesen Mirage with BKP Ragnarocks (chorus and bridge tones)
Element Torch 27.5" Baritone with Guitarmory "Carbons" (cleans, verse 2 heavies and chorus single notes)
Guitar amp - @Fractal Audio AxeFX3 & AxeFX2
Bass - Dingwall Combustion
Bass amp - @Neural DSP Darkglass Ultra plugin
Drums - @Toontrack Superior Drummer 3 custom BSE patch with @GetGood Drums snare and kick reinforcement
Vocal mic - @SlateDigitalTV ML1
DAW - Logic Pro

Good work! I like the slightly APC-alike verses most. Excellent drum programming, I genuinely thought that was a real drummer at first.

Damn that’s a bad ass tune! Had me wishing the ipad went louder than it does….lol. Will have to listen again through the Adams.

Edit : Yep. just got done jamming this loud on the Adams......thats some good stuff right there.

Last edited:
Yeah! Really good song. And the guitar solo is so tasteful. Just enough, and killer chops! I rate a good vocal melody by how it sticks in my head after the song is done, and this one is still there. :)

Sounds great! Love the guitar solo! Awesome tone!
🙏🏼
Damn that’s a bad ass tune! Had me wishing the ipad went louder than it does….lol. Will have to listen again through the Adams.

Edit : Yep. just got done jamming this loud on the Adams......thats some good stuff right there.
Haha! That’s awesome 😂

Thanks!
Yeah! Really good song. And the guitar solo is so tasteful. Just enough, and killer chops! I rate a good vocal melody by how it sticks in my head after the song is done, and this one is still there. :)
Thank you! That’s @johnhuldt … he’s amazing :)
haha thats all my songs....sounds great tho my dude!
Haha, thanks!

Wow. Brutal! You've got next-level chops and this composition is expert. I love the changes and as mentioned above your drum programming is also very organic and authentic.
VERY glad you found someone to sing this for you, he's extremely good and you must be thrilled to be able to finally share this after four years! Can't wait to hear more.

Wow. Brutal! You've got next-level chops and this composition is expert. I love the changes and as mentioned above your drum programming is also very organic and authentic.
VERY glad you found someone to sing this for you, he's extremely good and you must be thrilled to be able to finally share this after four years! Can't wait to hear more.
thanks so much! 3 new songs will round out an EP in the next year. The next ones are considerably better IMO :)

Back
Top Bottom