New to the Axe Fx II... Wow.

I'd say notch EQ it out if you're really worried about it.

Or increase your low end Q, your low end resonance (the graphed value, dB I think, not frequency... or possibly frequency as well), and your high pass freq.

The trick is to get it to hit HARD without going too deep into bass territory, IMO.

aaaand, the Thordendal Modern has now taken over as my favourite amp. Like the recto but heavier. I like.

I think I'll pick up the Ownhammer HGE mesa v30-en at some point this weekend.

Also I get a 'resonance' on the first few frets on the low E string with the recto2 red modern. I've narrowed it down to the low frequency resonance on the 'speaker' page but when I turn that down it loses a lot of bottom end chunk. Is there a workaround anyone knows about?

This is almost certainly your room. The best solution is bass traps or other treatment. The next best solution is some sort of Room EQ.

This is almost certainly your room. The best solution is bass traps or other treatment. The next best solution is some sort of Room EQ.

I'm using headphones only at the moment since I'm in the middle of moving and can't be bothered setting up my speakers.

I noticed it's not a problem on the thordendal modern amp, which has the low resonance lower by default (I think that's what it was called, I don't have the unit infront of me).

I'll take some of the tips above though, I imagine its gonna be a balance of the resonance, resonance frequency, bass, etc. Just a matter of tweaking. Maybe I found the resonant frequency of the housing of my headphones.

Don't spend too much time tweeking presets , play guitar as usual and you'll adjust your tone in time ....

As a mostly headphone user myself, I've found that the single biggest improvement for tonal satisfaction when playing with them on was turning up the room parameter in the cab block. Made a huge difference for me.

As a mostly headphone user myself, I've found that the single biggest improvement for tonal satisfaction when playing with them on was turning up the room parameter in the cab block. Made a huge difference for me.

Hmm, good call, I'll check that out when I get home. When I first started, I just turned it off and didn't give it a second thought just because I'm used to the room just being a shitty slapback reverb in the podxt.

I've been using the reverb instead but I haven't really been liking it that much... I'll check out the room.

In other news the low end resonance with the recto model was solved when I switched over to the ownhammer HGE impulses. I guess that 90hz spike on the 'speaker' page didn't play well with that particular impulse.

Back
Top Bottom