New song covered in Axe FX

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
I just finished recording and mixing this song.
For the last couple of years I haven't really been doing a lot of solo's for whatever reason so I wanted to make a song with lots of solo guitar just to have fun!
The goal was to make an instrumental song with a kind of progressive rock/metal feel to it but with different styles infused into it.
I think there are noticable Metallica influences in there but also some Vai and John Mayer.
Anyway, maybe you'll enjoy it too!

I used my Les Paul classic for the main rhythm and lead sounds.
My green American Special Strat for the first solo and my white American Special Tele for the 2nd solo wich also features my Digitech Whammy V for the first part.
The tones are mostly mesa tones and I mostly used custom impulse blends form OH that I made in Cab Lab.

Hope someone enjoys this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job, teacher! Sounds awesome through my iPhone earphones, well produced (drums etc.).
A bit long maybe, haha. Cool fade out too.

And it sounds a whole lotta better than Metallica and Kirk lately. :)

Rif around 6.00 reminds me of Satriani's The Extremist.

Damn Jon - I am not sure I have enough adjectives for this. I loved that piece. It is fresh, invigorating, intelligent, fun, and exciting! I haven't heard much music that I like this much in a very long time. It is also a great lesson in how to construct a song - start with a statement, and then wind that statement around as many interesting changes as you can, but not so far out that you lose the original.

Very cool Jon. I am really impressed. Someone called you "Teacher" . Is there a chance to hook up with you and talk about this? I will pay for help with his process. Or I will pay just to put my name on that song!!! A lot of cash!

Thanks for posting Jon - its incredible!

Joe

Back
Top Bottom