New Owners: What did you learn today?

The ups truck cannot come fast enough, this is going to be the longest 5-6 hours of my life.... And then I have to go to practice.... Won't even have time to set it up. :(

The ups truck cannot come fast enough, this is going to be the longest 5-6 hours of my life.... And then I have to go to practice.... Won't even have time to set it up. :(

Just roll with it. Choose one of the first 40 or so patches and go.

When I got my Ultra, I dropped it in a rack and took it to the studio for a recording session. I worked on patches for the song while the singer tracked vocals. Unless you have a very elaborate effect setup requirement, you should be fine.

I do typically use a pretty elaborate effects setup but I can probably just roll with amp, cab, delay. Seriously the presets are that good?

I played a show the night I got mine; and when I got mine (beta) it was with a very early beta firmware and no user presets at all - totally blank machine. I had it up and patches rocking within 30 minutes with just the front controls. If you are experienced with the Gen1 boxes, you will FLY with the 2.

About 90 minutes in with it, spent the most time with the topboost and what I learned today was that this 10 minutes in I already have an ac30 patch that I like better than the one I used on my ultra for 9 months with hours and hours of tweaking in it. No lies man, this thing is much easier to dial.

I played a show the night I got mine; and when I got mine (beta) it was with a very early beta firmware and no user presets at all - totally blank machine. I had it up and patches rocking within 30 minutes with just the front controls. If you are experienced with the Gen1 boxes, you will FLY with the 2.

Definitely. The Quick Control knobs are where it's at. And the tones this thing gets with a fraction of the effort needed with the Ultra is amazing.

When I get mine I hope to unbox, drop in the studio rack, plug everything, run into my monitors and use ONLY presets for quite a while (weeks). I really need to see if I can stay OUT of the rabbit whole, let the new II do it's thing and just simply play! All I hope I have to do is disable vs. Add at least in the beginning. This thread is very encouraging, I've heard at least three people mention the AC30 is dead on, bone dry or close to it.... That's my bread and butter and I NEVER nailed the Vox on the Standard even after trying many own hammer and red wirez.
Is it easy to denote what cab you are using? How are they named? Have you guys felt the need to load in more user IRs to get your tones? Or has it been all in the box so far?

Got mine today, played with it for a few hours. I learned that the PVH 6160 sounds better than my real 6505+. Love this thing.

About 90 minutes in with it, spent the most time with the topboost and what I learned today was that this 10 minutes in I already have an ac30 patch that I like better than the one I used on my ultra for 9 months with hours and hours of tweaking in it. No lies man, this thing is much easier to dial.

Thats the thing With the II The ultra is great But the AXE II just does everything the Ultra Does BETTER,

I secretly hope that some of the effects will get redone in the future.

I secretly hope that some of the effects will get redone in the future.[/QUOTE]

What effects are you not happy with?

Today I dug in with the drive block. I'm not much of a TS guy so this was kind of interesting for me. What I learned was that the Tube Drive block is a great drive block for guys who don't much like drive blocks. By default, it provides a nice (and very strong) boost. What I really like about it is that it sounds like adding a gain stage to the amp rather than adding a stompbox in front of the amp. The expanded parameter list offer a lot more tone shaping options so you can ensure the drive block compliments the clean tone without compromise.

Back
Top Bottom