New Owners: What did you learn today?

aleclee

Power User
There's a lot of new stuff in the box. I thought I'd create a thread for folks to share their pleasant (or less-than-pleasant) surprises as they get acquainted with the new device. Here's my initial contribution:
  • USB backups are fast. Just need to scroll down a bit to run the dump because the top entries are for dumping to the MIDI port. My first couple tries, I dumped to MIDI and wondered why my computer wasn't receiving any data.
  • Onboard backups! I seem to recall reading about this in the announcement but forgot about it amidst the other nifty features. This could be really useful if you were to botch a patch when away from a computer.

I have not learned much because I have not gotten beyond the Plexi and Brown presents (they really good)!

Axe Fx II S/N#9

Yes, love the speed of the USB backups.

The onboard backups are very cool. I didn't realize when I read the manual before I had the unit that there are separate locations for user and factory. So you can backup and restore your user system and banks separately from restoring the factory system and banks. Nice.

It was also cool to just plug in USB and on my Mac see both the Axe-Fx II audio device and Axe-Fx II MIDI device show up (when you look in Audio MIDI on the Mac).

I use the preset directory all the time now, as well as the a-z list. I wish there was a way to get to the preset dir more quickly than Recall -> Page Right -> Page Right. Maybe Cliff could make a double press of Recall take you right there?

Also would like the ability to go back to the previous preset somehow. Didn't really need this with the Ultra but with the new preset navigation abilities to get anywhere very quickly this would be nice.

I learned I need to buy A tremolo pedal as The one on the AXE II along with the leslie sim are the weak link in the unit.

But hey Nothing does everything perfect. Everything else is Awesome.

The onboard backups are very cool. I didn't realize when I read the manual before I had the unit that there are separate locations for user and factory. So you can backup and restore your user system and banks separately from restoring the factory system and banks. Nice.
Can you expand on this some more pls...

I learned I need to buy A tremolo pedal as The one on the AXE II along with the leslie sim are the weak link in the unit. But hey Nothing does everything perfect. Everything else is Awesome.
Just curious, everyone has their opinion - what did you find lacking?

Think I have posted this numerous times already, based on what I have read here over past weeks...

"The current version of AxeEdit (0.9.191) does NOT work with the Axe-II. That capability will be in the new release".

There is no word {that I can find} on when that release will be.

Can you expand on this some more pls...
You can backup/restore your settings and preset banks without having to hook up a computer. You can also restore the default settings and preset banks without a computer.

The AxeFX is a post-PC device! Do I need to add WiFi to the wish list? :mrgreen

You can also restore the default settings and preset banks without a computer.
So how do you get the Factory Banks saved to the onboard ROM? There's no function to actively save them.
Do they come pre-stored from FAS ?

So how do you get the Factory Banks saved to the onboard ROM? There's no function to actively save them.
Do they come pre-stored from FAS ?

Section 13 of the manual. There are options for backup/restore in the Utility menu now.

Back
Top Bottom