New Metallica

The fun part comes wed morning with ticket pre-sales, the show for me is Edmonton, end of Aug 2024

Its pretty cool how its a 2 show ticket though, each night diff opening bands, and completely different sets..... and I'll get Pantera off the bucket list as they are opening on the Friday bill.

The vocals and guitar tones on this are pretty amazing! Sounds a bit more "stripped back" and "rough" unlike the last album (which I enjoyed regardless, but the tones on it sounded a little "too good")

and I'll get Pantera off the bucket list as they are opening on the Friday bill.
You're gonna hear Phil do some Pantera songs, but it definitely ain't gonna be Pantera. Pantera were a force of nature back in the day, Zakk being beer buddies with Dime does not make him suitable as a replacement. But enjoy yourself either way.
I saw Pantera 3 times, met Dime once, and won't tarnish that memory by seeing the tribute band version.
Part of my aversion is Zakk don't even know the songs. I've been nailing Pantera riffs since I was 12, any tru fan has been.

You're gonna hear Phil do some Pantera songs, but it definitely ain't gonna be Pantera. Pantera were a force of nature back in the day, Zakk being beer buddies with Dime does not make him suitable as a replacement. But enjoy yourself either way.
I saw Pantera 3 times, met Dime once, and won't tarnish that memory by seeing the tribute band version.
Part of my aversion is Zakk don't even know the songs. I've been nailing Pantera riffs since I was 12, any tru fan has been.

Gotta love the “I’m going to shit all over your good time and talk a bunch of shit about it, but have a good time” comments that people can’t seem to help themselves over this Pantera tribute.

Zakk didn’t know the Ozzy songs before he learned them either.

And what exactly makes someone a “tru” fan or “suitable” to play those songs? I’ve got Pantera tattoos, had the posters on my walls, saw them whenever I could back in the day, bought all the albums, but I was never interested in learning covers, so am I not a “tru” fan?

Zakk didn’t know how to play those Ozzy songs until he learned them, either. Still learned them and played them well enough to convince several million Ozzy fans, along with Ozzy himself, to take the role as his guitarists. This comment doesn’t even make sense; was Zakk supposed to be learning those songs and playing along to the albums back in the day when Dime was alive or something? I don’t learn my friend’s band’s songs unless they ask me to go out and jam with them.

This reads like a 12-year old who just got his first death metal album and now he’s a trve cvlt kid.

sounds like a glammy Motörhead cover, don’t like this song at all. Metallica is one of my favorite band, even the last two ones are not so bad, but this one 🤦. This is their worst since « Ronnie ». I hope the 11 others one got good things . I love this band, but a song like that take 5 minutes to do. 2 riffs, 1 drums beat, some chokes, and a generic solo. Waiting 6 years for that ? I know they are 60 hm. I m not waiting something great as their first albums since a long time now . But here it’s just totally uninspired

Gotta love the “I’m going to shit all over your good time and talk a bunch of shit about it, but have a good time” comments that people can’t seem to help themselves over this Pantera tribute.

And what exactly makes someone a “tru” fan or “suitable” to play those songs? I’ve got Pantera tattoos, had the posters on my walls, saw them whenever I could back in the day, bought all the albums, but I was never interested in learning covers, so am I not a “tru” fan?

Zakk didn’t know how to play those Ozzy songs until he learned them, either. Still learned them and played them well enough to convince several million Ozzy fans, along with Ozzy himself, to take the role as his guitarists. This comment doesn’t even make sense; was Zakk supposed to be learning those songs and playing along to the albums back in the day when Dime was alive or something? I don’t learn my friend’s band’s songs unless they ask me to go out and jam with them.

This reads like a 12-year old who just got his first death metal album and now he’s a trve cvlt kid.
I agree with you but I totally agree with what he said too. Wtf hiring someone that didn’t know the songs ? With all the fans that knows them by heart …
It can be cool to hear pantera songs again in a gig , but they shouldn’t call that “pantera” at all. Anselmo cannot sing since 98, Rex is a cunt, and “pantera” without the brothers? But yeah, can be cool to watch this . Like watching a cover band, you can have a good night .

Reactions: BBN
I agree with you but I totally agree with what he said too. Wtf hiring someone that didn’t know the songs ? With all the fans that knows them by heart …
It can be cool to hear pantera songs again in a gig , but they shouldn’t call that “pantera” at all. Anselmo cannot sing since 98, Rex is a cunt, and “pantera” without the brothers? But yeah, can be cool to watch this . Like watching a cover band, you can have a good night .
I actually think they're using Zakk's name to draw some people in. I mean, Phil HAS been playing Pantera songs. Phil's bringing in Zakk as a player with a current fan base, to stir up some press and get some better gigs. It worked.
I love Zakk, and Pantera is one of my all-time favorites. Not going to see this version.
Someone let me know if Rex nails the 'follow the guitar player while being buried in the mix'. The world has been clamoring to more of that.

Yup. People are miserable being miserable and like to spew. I am as guilty as the next guy. I am also in recovery
from being yet another pompous ass on the Internet who hasn't done jack shit critiquing those who have
done a lot of shit. 🤣

It's easy to take a piss all over someone or something. Not genius level work to pull that move off. :

I was never a huge Metal fan, but have come to appreciate more Metal as I get older of all things and it’s undeniable these full tilt, hard driving creations are great and get the blood pumping. I like this song. Have to see how the rest of the album sizes up. Sure seems like a step in the right direction for Metallica.

Back
Top Bottom