New Metallica

I mean they are original members and original members …. Lars and James ARE Metallica. some members can be easily replaced and some not. There is no slayer without araya voice, there is no doors without Jim Morisson , no nirvana without Cobain … the list is long. Pantera was dimebag and vinnie first of all, and anselmo screaming on their music . But Rex … who cares of Rex… 🤣. It’s like Paulo jr on sepultura .
I'll bridge the positive and negative commentary gap and agree on the Rex part. I don't always like how Phil has came off over the years (when in reality that matters 0) but he is as much Pantera as Vinnie and Dime were. Rex on the other hand is in another spot where the musicians currently surrounding him are the stars. I am looking forward to hopefully some good clips from this weekend.

I'll bridge the positive and negative commentary gap and agree on the Rex part. I don't always like how Phil has came off over the years (when in reality that matters 0) but he is as much Pantera as Vinnie and Dime were. Rex on the other hand is in another spot where the musicians currently surrounding him are the stars. I am looking forward to hopefully some good clips from this weekend.

Yeah, Rex is an asshat. I read his book and while I had no opinion of him before that, about 1/3rd of the way into it I remember thinking “Man, this guy doesn’t realize that badmouthing all these people, some who aren’t even alive anymore, isn’t doing anything but making him look like an asshole.” He tried to balance it out by discussing his drug/alchohol abuse but it all came off like “I did some drugs but I‘ve always been a perfect human aside from that, here’s all the really bad shit these other guys did that I look down on….and metal can thank ME for keeping it alive. You may not know this, but I’m the fuckin’ man.”

Yeah, Rex is an asshat. I read his book and while I had no opinion of him before that, about 1/3rd of the way into it I remember thinking “Man, this guy doesn’t realize that badmouthing all these people, some who aren’t even alive anymore, isn’t doing anything but making him look like an asshole.” He tried to balance it out by discussing his drug/alchohol abuse but it all came off like “I did some drugs but I‘ve always been a perfect human aside from that, here’s all the really bad shit these other guys did that I look down on….and metal can thank ME for keeping it alive. You may not know this, but I’m the fuckin’ man.”
Yep. In that band; the bassist is absolutely the bottom of the members that other musicians are excited about spectrum. Which also matters 0 in the grand scheme of things. He definitely painted a picture of Vinnie that wasn't very um, flattering.

The situation is not the same When the surviving members are the bassist you never cared about and the singer 🤣 . « Pantera » without his drums and guitar. That joke.
Yeah Metallica without Lars and James so lol .
But if it is ok for some people no problems. Their families will do some cash with it.

The main problem to me is to call that « pantera ». Was it so hard to called it « pantera experience» or something else ?… or « give me some cash, I m tired playing in front of 300 persons with my shitty bands now » 😁

I mean, why would anyone in that position NOT try to make it as big as it could be? Rolling out with the Pantera Experience or any other name than Pantera doesn’t really inform you that it’s a legit thing with the blessing of the Abbot family. In the spirit of what they’re doing, trying to get that music heard by anyone who wasn’t able to catch them in the 90’s or has become a fan since then, why wouldn’t they want to make it as big of a spectacle as they possibly can?

“Hey guys, we can do this one of two ways; we can get the guys from the Illegals to play, pay them dogshit and do some 300-seaters for a year. Or, Lars hit me up and said we can go out with Metallica, we can bring in Zakk and Charlie and play in front of 60,000 people a night instead of 300. Which would you rather do?“

The answer is pretty obvious to me.

I mean, why would anyone in that position NOT try to make it as big as it could be? Rolling out with the Pantera Experience or any other name than Pantera doesn’t really inform you that it’s a legit thing with the blessing of the Abbot family. In the spirit of what they’re doing, trying to get that music heard by anyone who wasn’t able to catch them in the 90’s or has become a fan since then, why wouldn’t they want to make it as big of a spectacle as they possibly can?

“Hey guys, we can do this one of two ways; we can get the guys from the Illegals to play, pay them dogshit and do some 300-seaters for a year. Or, Lars hit me up and said we can go out with Metallica, we can bring in Zakk and Charlie and play in front of 60,000 people a night instead of 300. Which would you rather do?“

The answer is pretty obvious to me.
Total no brainer. I saw the Illegals do their Pantera set and it was great. But charisma and presence Zakk will bring is just in a different universe. And Charlie ain't no slouch.

Should be a hoot walking Anselmo puffing up on stage delivering intelectual masterpieces like “strength beyond strength” while a bunch of inbreds run into each other.

Last edited:
And some fans are waiting for a Hetfield Mesa boogie amp signature model too. If one day they do that … the money will flow all over their company. But as they cannot provide what they are trying to sell because this component worldwide mess, that’s probably not the moment to do it .
I will accept a hetfield amp only if they can call it the Mesa Boogie Crunchberry :p

Back
Top Bottom