New IR sets?

TheAmpFactory

Inspired
Greetings..

I have the opportunity to do a lot more cabs from various boxes that will be incoming to my studio soon..

The Legends pack there was a lot of love for, but the Delta sort of missed the target by shifting just a few (that did not recoup my costs), and not sure why as they are magnificent.
So this is to see if there is any interested in me spending time/effort/money on this to be rewarding for you, and for myself

Let me know..

(The cabs are unknown exactly at present, but they range across the board, 1x12, 2x12, 4x12's)

I Have Legends pack and anjooy it.
Didn't purchased Delta because of not being able to demo it properly with axe (cause they're in 44kHz).
Deffinetly will be interested in more 4x12 options.
Thank you for your hard work!

The endless gripe from newbies is the lack of "in the room" feel of most IRs. I mix in the room V30 Ownhammer made a long time ago. When someone creates a LIVE set where such a mix in already exists as a sinle IR, I believe they will gave a winner.

for me, it's about being able to get what I want without having to purchase those that I'll never use. I'm not trying to make comparisons, but I like the way Ownhammer is doing the releases of one cab for a much lower price where you can get what you need at a much lower price point.

perhaps it's not a viable business model for you as far as what you put into it, but i'd be much more likely to spend 10-15 dollars on a cab i really want than 50-100 dollars for 2-3 cabs I like and 5 or 6 i'll never use.

just my two cents.

For me, the Legends pack had a lot of the cabinets I dreamed about owning.

As you can see Andy, a lot of the presets I post on the forum do reference your excellent ir's from that collection.

By comparison, the Delta pack had nothing I was really interested in.

The following cabinets would be great if you could find and capture in your high quality:
Sunn Coliseum
Vox Royal Guardsman with Horn or Super Beatle
Acoustic 360
Burman Pro 4X12 or 8X10 cabinet
Framus Dragon
Hartke Aluminium Cone 15 inch
Gibson Super Thor
Ashdown CL-810
Framus Dragon
SWR Goliath III or Son of Bertha

There is definitely a hole in the market for ir captures of these types of cabinets.

I would buy the pack tomorrow if it included these ir's and I know a bunch of other players on this forum would as well.

Last edited:
I only know the free Cabs for AxeFx II and like them very much.....

Have you captured a 25W Speaker in an 4x12cab? In the early days of Standard/Ultra was there a cab I liked very much. Would be nice to have again.............

I'm with dr. bonkers, a selection of highly sought after bass cabinets is definitely a niche that no one is focused on.

Also, it would be great to have some back of the cabinet Crown PZM ir captures to get the dimension of th cabinets without needing to worry about phase coherency issues.

I only know the free Cabs for AxeFx II and like them very much.....

Have you captured a 25W Speaker in an 4x12cab? In the early days of Standard/Ultra was there a cab I liked very much. Would be nice to have again.............

4x12 Greenbacks? There are lots of those, including one in TAF Legends.

Greetings..

I have the opportunity to do a lot more cabs from various boxes that will be incoming to my studio soon..

The Legends pack there was a lot of love for, but the Delta sort of missed the target by shifting just a few (that did not recoup my costs), and not sure why as they are magnificent.
So this is to see if there is any interested in me spending time/effort/money on this to be rewarding for you, and for myself

Let me know..

(The cabs are unknown exactly at present, but they range across the board, 1x12, 2x12, 4x12's)

I like the Delta a lot. It fills some gaps in the UR offerings, such as the 1x12 V30, single Alnico, single G12, etc. with the Red Plate, Tone King etc.
But I guess that 80% of the possible clients wants another version of V30 and all the other common cabs/speakers.

If it comes to revenue, and why not, I'd investigate the needs. For ex., a good G65 (TBH I'm not a fan of the Two-Rock G65 in your collection), some really crushing heavy metals cabs (Randall etc.), more Eminence speakers, and missing stuff such as custom Fryette speakers and a 15" cab etc.

Greetings..

Let me know..

It is hard to say with out knowing what they are.

Last edited:
For me, the Legends pack had a lot of the cabinets I dreamed about owning.

As you can see Andy, a lot of the presets I post on the forum do reference your excellent ir's from that collection.

By comparison, the Delta pack had nothing I was really interested in.

The following cabinets would be great if you could find and capture in your high quality:
Sunn Coliseum
Vox Royal Guardsman with Horn or Super Beatle
Acoustic 360
Burman Pro 4X12 or 8X10 cabinet
Framus Dragon
Hartke Aluminium Cone 15 inch
Gibson Super Thor
Ashdown CL-810
Framus Dragon
SWR Goliath III or Son of Bertha

There is definitely a hole in the market for ir captures of these types of cabinets.

I would buy the pack tomorrow if it included these ir's and I know a bunch of other players on this forum would as well.

You can find Framus Dragon ir's here IR CABINETS BUNDLE
I've purchased it, but never end up using it :) Ownhammer beats them all.

I still think we basically need an IR modeler. Some IR algorithm like the speaker tab and cab module variables, it still seems to me ultimately we are just playing with bass treble volume and some room characteristics. With the thousands of IR's they all just start sounding like different versions of the same thing, with slight or even drastic nuances, that I think could be accomplished with an adjustable set of parameters.

So Im not trying to hijack but am suggesting how many more differences can there really be, that couldnt be adjusted with a few variables, rather than more IR's needing more spaces in the axe, and gets more confusing.

You can find Framus Dragon ir's here IR CABINETS BUNDLE
I've purchased it, but never end up using it :) Ownhammer beats them all.

Not a fan of the Metal Factory Studios ir's. It's lacking a certain je ne sais quoi that either Andy, Ownhammer, Clark Kent, & Seed have when capturing ir's.

Part of it has to do with the amps settings MFS uses when capturing the ir's I believe.

That would be so sweet.

I still think we basically need an IR modeler. Some IR algorithm like the speaker tab and cab module variables, it still seems to me ultimately we are just playing with bass treble volume and some room characteristics. With the thousands of IR's they all just start sounding like different versions of the same thing, with slight or even drastic nuances, that I think could be accomplished with an adjustable set of parameters.

I'd like to add,

The Delta Pack is not just a bundle, but you can purchace them separately too. (that was one of the biggest requests from Legends pack)

The incoming set, has a mixture of stuff, Emminence, Hayden, Jenson, Celestion some Bass stuff too etc.. just not sure on the exact labels yet!.

Be well

I'd like to add,

The Delta Pack is not just a bundle, but you can purchace them separately too. (that was one of the biggest requests from Legends pack)

The incoming set, has a mixture of stuff, Emminence, Hayden, Jenson, Celestion some Bass stuff too etc.. just not sure on the exact labels yet!.

Be well

ah, see I wasn't aware of that. my mistake, apologies!

love your IR's. I have the Legends and the Delta. What I really need is an awesome 4x10 cab, nothing I've tried to date has really got me.

Back
Top Bottom