New Guitar on the way

javajunkie

Q02220.jpg

Duesenberg Starplayer TV ;)

By buddy has had several Duesenbergs. Intense quality and precision instruments.

How have you liked yours so far? Would you say the tonal range is pretty wide? I'm torn right now between the DTV custom and the Starplayer TV right now. I'd mostly be using this for worship.

My Starplayer TV has become my main guitar over the last 2 years. (I'm a worship leader in SD).
It works so well for Hillsong / Bethel / Tomlin type stuff.
I've been a long time strat style guy but the Doozy is the one getting used the most right now.

I have the same model ... here's some stuff to know, though:

1) the hardware is vintage ... nickel without chrome... which means that after a few years, it will lose it's shine if you don't clean it on a regular basis. You should buy some metal cleaner to keep it shiny if you don't want it to go dull
2) the sound is very unique ... kind of like a mixture of LP and jazz guitar... works great with classic rock and blues tones, but highgain doesn't really sound that good.
3) Duesenberg offers a Starplayer TV plus, which has a passive piezo bridge... definitely worth the additional bucks imho! Semi-hollows sound great with piezo pickups.
4) the center pickup position is not very usable imho... I mostly use bridge or neck position.
5) while the tremolo is actually quite good and mostly keeps the tuning when used with care, I noticed the G string is kind of an exception. When making heavy use of the trem, I usually need to retune the G-string after every song. Which doesn't take that long, but is still annoying.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom