New Friedman 500w powered full range cabinet for Axe Fx , kemper etc ...

I am excited to hear these as well.....but all of the descriptive terms given by Dave don't mean anything until we hear it.
You could argue that the XiTone or CLR have knock and punch....maybe more, maybe less (than the Friedman).
Until we get something other than speculation....it's hard to get 'too' excited.
Yes, Cliff said they sound 'very good'....but that doesn't mean it's warm/punchy/guitar cab like/etc.

My guess is that Scott Peterson will end up with one of these in his possession (as he's a respected guy that manufactures trust to provide a fair review of)....and then we can get some better insight. That's a guess of course...but I'm sure someone will end up posting a review sometime in the near future when they get their hands on one.

Warm Knockers sounds good to me though.

who knows, Dave could have been throwing around guitar cab buzz words to pique interest in a frfr cab. whether or not it's as flat as the CLR doesn't concern me, because it's not like any FOH you go through is as flat as the CLR is. My interest is in whether or not it gives a little more cab like feel while not coloring so much you over compensate on the FOH side.

I am excited to hear these as well.....but all of the descriptive terms given by Dave don't mean anything until we hear it.
You could argue that the XiTone or CLR have knock and punch....maybe more, maybe less (than the Friedman).
Until we get something other than speculation....it's hard to get 'too' excited.
Yes, Cliff said they sound 'very good'....but that doesn't mean it's warm/punchy/guitar cab like/etc.

My guess is that Scott Peterson will end up with one of these in his possession (as he's a respected guy that manufactures trust to provide a fair review of)....and then we can get some better insight. That's a guess of course...but I'm sure someone will end up posting a review sometime in the near future when they get their hands on one.

Warm Knockers sounds good to me though.

Looking forward to that review should it happen.

Which means you either have to mic it or be real good with your global EQ for you FOH direct feed.

Not necessarily , out 1 to FOH , out 2 monitor , as long as the basic tone is same the extra punch and thump etc probably wouldn't be captured through the mike anyway. Same a s a real cab .

I think maybe, we are all a little too critical of speakers and speaker cabs. Every night bands show up with generic guitar cabs and some sound guys throws a 57 in front with 3 seconds of effort and then that runs to some random board which in turn goes out to some random pa system. All of these variables are impossible to prepare for, yet they still sound great as long as the sound guy knows a little about his craft. I'm ok with non flat speakers live. I have to put a little faith in the sound guy at some point.

There you go. Keywords are "they sound good."

Or what wasn't said. The description was "good", not great, not game changer.

Cliff updates software more often than most people get haircuts. He releases softwares on weekends to accomplish .003% better sound. Now we are suppose to believe he has no idea how flat they are? I think he simply doesn't want to commit on any other companies.

Or what wasn't said. The description was "good", not great, not game changer.

Cliff updates software more often than most people get haircuts. He releases softwares on weekends to accomplish .003% better sound. Now we are suppose to believe he has no idea how flat they are? I think he simply doesn't want to commit on any other companies.

True but hey, they sound good and for some guys, that's enough to try it.

Oh arse ...... another feckin option ..... I'm hopping from one leg to the other ... FRFR or 'Mid' FR or conventional ..... yes I do have 3 legs

We tried them with music program material. They sounded good. And they sound good with the Axe-Fx. I don't know how flat or accurate they are but they sound good. For the price they are worth a try.

oohhh come on Man!!! what is this "just in the middle" opinion?!?
You can ear the whisper and the breath of a tube Man!
The real questions are:
- are this cabs really the joining ring between an FrFr PA and a shaking and roaring guitar cab?
- are they just frfr monitors like many others? i mean...a different flavour of that
- if they are more "guitar cab" coloured (mid scooped like someone say because the wood construction) how this colour match with the cabs IRs from the Axe?

When is fractal going to come out with its own speaker offering? It's probably just a matter of time. I'm sure most would love to have an all fractal rig.

Back
Top Bottom