New Fractal product coming!!

Im clearly in the minority here, but I actually like Rabea šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø He writes pretty interesting music (this is coming from someone who rarely listens to heavy music) and he doesn't come off as smug as it sounds like everyone here thinks. Maybe it's cuz he's a NDSP guy and that rubs fractal fans the wrong way, idk. There are MUCH worse (see also; insufferable) guitar "influencers" on the YouTubes. cough Rhett Shull cough

So I'm not into heavy music, so I don't follow his bands. But I do love his YT content. He's a great player, and I'm pretty sure he could probably fit into an alt-country, or indy-pop, or ska band just as easily as fits into metal. And he seems like a pretty cool dude on top of that.

Anyone who has seen him on Anderton's channel knows he can pretty much find a workable sound on any rig.

I'm not really understanding the 'hate' from others here. He's the last guy I'd ever label as smug or having a superiority complex. Right?

So I'm not into heavy music, so I don't follow his bands. But I do love his YT content. He's a great player, and I'm pretty sure he could probably fit into an alt-country, or indy-pop, or ska band just as easily as fits into metal. And he seems like a pretty cool dude on top of that.

Anyone who has seen him on Anderton's channel knows he can pretty much find a workable sound on any rig.

I'm not really understanding the 'hate' from others here. He's the last guy I'd ever label as smug or having a superiority complex. Right?
Agreed on all that, except the heavy music part. I am into that. :tearsofjoy:

Donā€™t let my opinion speak for others on him, heā€™s overwhelmingly liked and Iā€™m being a bit tongue in cheek. And I even cringe whenever someone makes some stupid orgasm face while playing because ā€œoh my god I just canā€™t help it Iā€™m just so in the zone it happens on its own I swearā€ šŸ™„.

I think I just donā€™t like guitarists and the goofy antics that come along with them, lol.

Donā€™t let my opinion speak for others on him, heā€™s overwhelmingly liked and Iā€™m being a bit tongue in cheek. And I even cringe whenever someone makes some stupid orgasm face while playing because ā€œoh my god I just canā€™t help it Iā€™m just so in the zone it happens on its own I swearā€ šŸ™„.

I think I just donā€™t like guitarists and the goofy antics that come along with them, lol.
Donā€™t you play guitar?

I love Rabea's playing. It's the kind of stuff i hear in my head but can't execute. The influencer thing I think is just how it is now. A new generation. The game. Youtube channels bring in revenue. Everyone is jockeying for their piece of it. I agree it can come across a bit rich but far better than loads of other channels out there that I've seen. I've never felt Rabea was smug or off putting IMO. I have a few YT channels I follow like Jef Gibbons, Sanjay C (for lot of my synth interests) five watt world, Michael Nielsen to name a few. Good content without the theatrics and being overly hyped. Of course also our local celebs here like Leon, Austin Buddy and others.

Last edited:
I love Rabea's playing. It's the kind of stuff i hear in my head but can't execute. The influencer thing I think is just how it is now. A new generation. The game. Youtube channels bring in revenue. Everyone is jockeying for their piece of it. I agree it can come across a bit rich but far better than loads of other channels out there that I've seen. I've never felt Rabea was smug or off putting IMO. I have a few YT channels I follow like Jef Gibbons, Sanjay C (for lot of my synth interests) five watt world, Michael Nielsen to name a few. Good content without the theatrics and being overly hyped. Of course also our local celebs here like Leon, Austin Buddy and others.

Agreed! And while Iā€™m mostly joking in regards to Rabea, there are some guitar influencers that are legitimately insufferable, but we donā€™t have to name those names here šŸ˜‚

That being said, I do have a problem with NDSP as a company leaning into this modern style of marketing. I put far more faith in substance over form, and their apparent marketing expenses compared to their engineering efforts concerns me as a customer.

That tone junkie dude is exhausting.
I made the mistake of buying one pack from his site ..and now the flash sale email spam is almost every single day. Even after unsubscribing.

I am about one more flash sale email spam away from packaging some fresh squeezed Rottweiler fertilizer into a small box with a neural logo marked top secret ..and sending it to him.

Im clearly in the minority here, but I actually like Rabea šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø He writes pretty interesting music (this is coming from someone who rarely listens to heavy music) and he doesn't come off as smug as it sounds like everyone here thinks. Maybe it's cuz he's a NDSP guy and that rubs fractal fans the wrong way, idk. There are MUCH worse (see also; insufferable) guitar "influencers" on the YouTubes. cough Rhett Shull cough
I don't even know who the guy is you folks are talking about BUT.........I wholeheartedly agree about most of the so called influencers---insufferable.
is being kind..........

Back
Top Bottom