New Fractal product coming!!

I am sorry, but it gets old that every time their is a new product we have to guess. I understand that at the very beginning- yes be quiet.
But come on!
I would rather NOTHING was said until it was officially announced............
It was very unusual for Cliff to partially disclose some info about brand new product. They’re definitely a need for creating some hype (but hey that’s the game, nothing to complain about it!)
The thing is I’m holding myself from buying the FM3 to replace my Axefx3.
Also now spending a lot of time with ToneX and NAM. I hope FAS to make a machine learning stuff to capture amps. NAM is also open source, so it’s easy to use it OR make something very close (as all the main tech is open source, from Google and Meta)

It was very unusual for Cliff to partially disclose some info about brand new product. They’re definitely a need for creating some hype (but hey that’s the game, nothing to complain about it!)
Also now spending a lot of time with ToneX and NAM. I hope FAS to make a machine learning stuff to capture amps. NAM is also open source, so it’s easy to use it OR make something very close (as all the main tech is open source, from Google and Meta)
What is NAM? Just curious.

Hmmm NAM seems interesting but isn’t the way Fractal create captures models amps a better way than NAM?
It you have amps of your own, and you'd like to make digital versions of your favorite settings, NAM or Tonex etc may be a good choice. However, captures represent the amp with its controls in the position they were captured, only. If the platform lets you adjust the amp's settings at all, quality gets much worse as you get away from the original.

Like @AlGrenadine said, Fractal on the other hand models the actual circuitry of the amp, at a pretty extraordinary level of detail, so controls respond very much like the real amp.

It you have amps of your own, and you'd like to make digital versions of your favorite settings, NAM or Tonex etc may be a good choice. However, captures represent the amp with its controls in the position they were captured, only. If the platform lets you adjust the amp's settings at all, quality gets much worse as you get away from the original.

Like @AlGrenadine said, Fractal on the other hand models the actual circuitry of the amp, at a pretty extraordinary level of detail, so controls respond very much like the real amp.
And that is exactly why I bought Fractal! I remember years ago playing around with some Peavey software that I think tried to simulate amp circuits and you could build an amp from the ground up. Fun.

Woke up this morning deciding to be a grinch. It seems easier to say what it will not be

FX8 successor : FX8 did not sell enough. Today, with more people moving into modeling solutions, there’s no sense in catering exclusively to tube amp users.

Plug-in only version : Cliff has mentioned that he just will not risk exposing his code by making it available as a plugin. Moreover this new thing has “firmware”.

FRFR / Speaker : Low margin business with too many players. Everyone is still going to complain about amp in the room vs recorded.

FM3/9/axefx/ load box successor : Cliff said it’s not the next version of an existing product.

Fancy IR loader / power amp: Doesn’t really fit into the fractal ecosystem to split these out. Except for tube amp users maybe, which isn’t a big enough group.

I'm on the "Tube amps till I die" camp. Been using Fractal since the ULTRA days and I agree to a point. Captures and Modeling are not equal.

I'm my personal experience, in my home and studio, I do find my self spending a lot of time matching the Fractal amps to my real amps using a realctive load.

I don't spend much time capturing them (only the time the process of analysis of the capture takes).

I have a bunch of amps for specific tones, this means that onces I set them up to do what I want I hardly touch them again. So a capture works great.

In the IKmultimedia ecosystem you have to spend around $360 (including re-amp box) for a capture and portable solution for your amps, There is no solution for the floorboards in the Fractal ecosystem unfortunately, tone match block in not available for the FM9 and FM3.

Maybe this is what the new Fractal product is, a portable tone match player or something....

Nope, it's not a game when you know you are speaking to many long time fractal users and also the new ones. 25 pages of waffle ideas? Really? That's constructive and good for presenting a new product?

Back
Top Bottom