New FM3, new pedalboard? Which one are you guys looking at?

Any hardcore for pedal train users that accommodates the height? I have a PT2, but it's too tall, even if I take off my best-tonics side panels.

I'm using a Gator mixer bag for my Pedaltrain Novo. It's a perfect fit (if a bit tight around the corners) and has a huge pocket. I even have a Best-tronics foot-lift kit installed and it still fits height-wise just fine. Gator makes a variety of sized bags, so depending on which Pedaltrain you have, there may or may not be one that's a perfect fit.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GMixer1212--gator-g-mixerbag-1212-mixer-bag

Any hardcore for pedal train users that accommodates the height? I have a PT2, but it's too tall, even if I take off my best-tonics side panels.
I actually have a PT2 and i love the Pelican Air 1605. It fits perfectly after shaving off some of the foam insert. The height of the lid with it closed is perfect as well. Only downside is it's a bit expensive but it'll last forever. I just upgraded to the Temple Audio duo24 pedalboard and since it's slightly longer, i just shaved off a little more of the foam and that fits perfectly as well.

I actually have a PT2 and i love the Pelican Air 1605. It fits perfectly after shaving off some of the foam insert. The height of the lid with it closed is perfect as well. Only downside is it's a bit expensive but it'll last forever. I just upgraded to the Temple Audio duo24 pedalboard and since it's slightly longer, i just shaved off a little more of the foam and that fits perfectly as well.
How do you like the Temple Audio? I looked at the Trio 21 when I experienced this height issue. How are you liking it vs the pedaltrain?

I have the higher feet installed due to the best-tonics panels.Will the 1605 still work if I shave off another half inch or so?

How do you like the Temple Audio? I looked at the Trio 21 when I experienced this height issue. How are you liking it vs the pedaltrain?

I have the higher feet installed due to the best-tonics panels.Will the 1605 still work if I shave off another half inch or so?
I'm really digging the Temple Audio Duo24. The FM3 and a FC-6 fits it perfectly with some room on the side for ventilation. Won't be able to squeeze in a exp/vol pedal though haha. Here is my rig i posted week ago https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/lets-see-those-fm3-rigs.158779/post-1996487
As for the height of the Pelican. I'm not familiar with Best-Tronics feet and how much it adds to the height of the PT2 but i did mount my Fractal AX8 on my PT2 and the handle was touching the foam on the lid. That foam can be cut to size or removed completely as well. The Trio 21 won't fit the Pelcian though. Length wise yes, but not depth size.
Here is a pic of my PT2 in the Pelican. Sorry i don't have the FM3 on there to give you a better idea.

Attachments

• P_20201015_142648.jpg
    P_20201015_142648.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 55
Are you using the temple audio bases or just Velcro?
No Velcro or mounting plates. I went the M3.5-0.6 16mm screw route like many others are doing here. You just remove the stock screws from the FM3. Line up the corners of the FM3 to the holes on the Temple Audio board and install the new screws with 4mm ID washers.

15E774D1-7B06-4D1B-88D9-E39863E3C441.jpeg
Temple Duo 34. Two Mission EP-1 and FC6 Line 6 g70 and Voodoo Lab pedal power 2 plus mounted underneath. FM3 is mounted with dual lock to a sheet of plexiglass that is fixed to the board with Temple mounting plates. When I travel, or play smaller gigs on acoustic or bass, I just take the FM3 and a separate Mission SP-1A865B830-6A76-4E9D-9313-86E9BC03F975.jpeg
7375F236-9FBB-4F8E-9345-46CF6F1E3CC6.jpeg
6BAB062D-B571-4E93-8E3C-470EFA9C9B53.jpeg

I also got these from Best-Tronics for the back of the boards so everything can be wired to the patch panel. No wires get (re)connected over and over to the devices other than the GK cable and power connection for the SY-1000.

View attachment 64258
...plus, if someone trips over your wires on a dark stage, your FM3 etc will not take the hit on it's PCB mounted connectors!

Hmmm, Temple Duo 17 with D-Series punch plates, or PT with Best-Tronics D-Series plate, decisions, decisions...???

Back
Top Bottom