New FM3, new pedalboard? Which one are you guys looking at?

So Temple makes their own soft & hard cases for the Duo34, just curious what appeals to you more about these other options?
I currently carry my guitar in a padded SKB backpack case and, carry my Axe Fx 3 rack in a padded rolling speaker case. So just keeping the form factor.
So guitar on my back and pulling the rolling case will be faster and easier.

I currently carry my guitar in a padded SKB backpack case and, carry my Axe Fx 3 rack in a padded rolling speaker case. So just keeping the form factor.
So guitar on my back and pulling the rolling case will be faster and easier.
Ahhh I gotcha they have wheels. Nice feature.

I also got these from Best-Tronics for the back of the boards so everything can be wired to the patch panel. No wires get (re)connected over and over to the devices other than the GK cable and power connection for the SY-1000.

1582570338076.png

Just going to use my trusty ol PT Classic. FM3 and exp pedal should cover everything I need.

Main board is a PT Classic 1 for the FM3 rig. Secondary board is a PT Classic Jr for the SY-1000. The FM3 rig will be for my regular cover band. I'll use both boards for a tribute act. View attachment 64256

Oh snap! That expression pedal to MIDI adapter is such a great idea!
Leaves both switch inputs on the FM3 free, letting you add 4 momentary switches, that are as powerful as any other FC button. It's like having an FC4!
Really nice.

The more I'm thinking about it, the more I think I might not be comfortable unless I also get an FC-6. But then my spend goes from $1k to 1.5k, and then spend more since I won't be able to re-use my AX8 case, I'd need to get a bigger one. :confused:.

Then if I factor in my speculation that Fractal will end up releasing a more powerful floor unit with more switches built in, which is what I REALLY want...

Makes me almost reconsider the whole thing. Because after all, my AX8 is right here and still works beautifully.

Hello Guys !!

I would like to fix my FM3 with screw trought my pedal board .

SOme of you did the same things ? What kind of screw (bolt ?) do i have to use ?

Many thanks

Hello Guys !!

I would like to fix my FM3 with screw trought my pedal board .

SOme of you did the same things ? What kind of screw (bolt ?) do i have to use ?

Many thanks

I used M 3.5. 16mm screws as recommended from some users here and they fit perfectly. As the original screw on the input jack side is a little bit shorter, I used three washers to be sure that the screw will not hit the mainboard.
For the other three screws I used one washer to make sure that the screws will fit.

I struggled with this, then decided to make my own. Turns out it also first perfectly in the Gator case made for Helix, with room for a 20 ft power cable... and it rolls. 20x12 inches.

Attachments

• D7BB3351-5D93-419F-A575-D2F1BBCD92FA.jpeg
    D7BB3351-5D93-419F-A575-D2F1BBCD92FA.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 114
  • 55309229-2110-457F-9381-0BAC153007B2.jpeg
    55309229-2110-457F-9381-0BAC153007B2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
hello, what are the button to the left and how do you connect them (you use two expression pedal ..)

Thks

The buttons on the left are just two momentary switches. The purple knob is an expression pedal too. The way things are connect:
  • Right expression pedal goes to FM3 Pedal 1
  • The two switches to FM3 Pedal 2
  • Left expression pedal to MIDI Expression IO (green box)
  • Purple knob to MIDI Expression IO
  • MIDI Expression IO to FM3 MIDI In
The MIDI Expression IO allows you to connect up to 4 expression pedals or 8 switches and send MIDI output (I have the older version which is 3 and 6). It's a great device - you can do a lot of things with it. You can program it with a PC/Mac/iOS. Once configured, you just need to power it via USB and it works standalone.

https://www.audiofront.net/MIDIExpression.php

The buttons on the left are just two momentary switches. The purple knob is an expression pedal too. The way things are connect:
  • Right expression pedal goes to FM3 Pedal 1
  • The two switches to FM3 Pedal 2
  • Left expression pedal to MIDI Expression IO (green box)
  • Purple knob to MIDI Expression IO
  • MIDI Expression IO to FM3 MIDI In
The MIDI Expression IO allows you to connect up to 4 expression pedals or 8 switches and send MIDI output (I have the older version which is 3 and 6). It's a great device - you can do a lot of things with it. You can program it with a PC/Mac/iOS. Once configured, you just need to power it via USB and it works standalone.

https://www.audiofront.net/MIDIExpression.php
Impressive !!!
Super thanks a lot !!

Any hardcore for pedal train users that accommodates the height? I have a PT2, but it's too tall, even if I take off my best-tonics side panels.

Back
Top Bottom