New Firmware 15 Factory Presets

Try using preset 3, Deluxe Reverb, turn on the compressor and change the drive out to an Esoteric RCB. Killer country tone!!! Just a really pretty single coil sound... Loving it through the CLR's! Edit: Oh, and set the cab to F119 AC 20 Dlx UR

This is awesome, not only to experienced users, but as a showcase for best out-of-the-box experience. Thanks FAS!

I can't believe how much Fractal has gotten it together! I remember not too long ago waiting and waiting - SOON! Now all this released within 24 hours. New editor, new firmware, new MFC firmware and new bank presets. AMAZING! Oh, and how are the new beta drivers doing? You guys are kicking ass!!!

a perfect week end !
will load the factory presets to test that and recalibrate mine.

wouuu!!!!! new cali leggy???' thanks!

Ha Ha I wouldn't touch that "can of worms" with a ten foot pole based on the last thread quite some time ago!!! Apparently it was awesome and anyone that didn't think so just couldn't play like Steve Vai!!!! (please note that overall opinion didn't come from FAS)

Thanks to Matt and the whole Fractal crew for the amazingly fast turnaround to get the V15 factory presets published!

You guys are truly world-class. Set the bar so high, the competition just gives up! :lol

OK, what did I do wrong?

I updated to FW 15 official, then loaded in the banks via Fractal Bot and they are all blank.

OK, what did I do wrong?

I updated to FW 15 official, then loaded in the banks via Fractal Bot and they are all blank.

I'm a bonehead. For some reason I clicked on FW14 download in the 15 folder rather than FW15.

Once I corrected that error & reloaded, all is right in the world.

I'm a bonehead. For some reason I clicked on FW14 download in the 15 folder rather than FW15.

Once I corrected that error & reloaded, all is right in the world.

Was just going to ask if you verified FW 15 was installed. :)

Been there done that. Glad you got it sorted out.

I just glanced at a few presets (haven't even listened to them yet) and I didn't notice any with the new Ultra Res IRs. Where these used for any presets? If not, any plan to release a tweak with some UR-IRs or guidelines for substitutions? Obviously it isn't rocket science to swap out a like kind IR. I'm not bitching, just curious...

I just glanced at a few presets (haven't even listened to them yet) and I didn't notice any with the new Ultra Res IRs. Where these used for any presets? If not, any plan to release a tweak with some UR-IRs or guidelines for substitutions? Obviously it isn't rocket science to swap out a like kind IR. I'm not bitching, just curious...

Some are, some aren't.

Updated everything and lastly installed the new v15 presets ALL, I'm so blown away I haven't bothered reinstalling my custom presets yet.
:encouragement:

This thread dropped down the list quite a few slots so I missed it yesterday. Too bad. These presets are f'ing awesome! In the past (more so the farther back you go) I've found the presets to be not that great but these sound really good. From what I've tested they seem to be gain matched really well.

Point of thread - I'm curious about one thing. These seem to be really hot. I'm using an EBMM JP BFR7 into a MOTU 828 mk3 and these are peaking all the way up to 0 dB in some cases and sometimes clipping internally. Normally when I tweak a patch I set the amp block output level so I'm peaking at -12 dB (full scale/"U" I think, whatever). For now I have the output on the global EQ at -6 dB to audition the patches. Was this a deliberate choice when creating the patches? Why was this level selected? It makes me wonder where I should be setting my levels. Thx.

Back
Top Bottom