New DynaCab™ Pack - York Audio 4x12 Recto

First try - amazing! I've bought almost all of the Dynacabs, and have been struggling - I get them sounding what I think is great, but then I'd compare against a YA Mix 01 and that was better.

I was convinced I wasn't good enough to make use of Dynacabs in CabLab (been happy with them in Axe Edit) - this is a game changer for me, it sounded right!

Thank you (and I'm not a Recto guy!)

Question is the Mic section only for that Cab or will they work for all the other Dynacabs?
Also ive never used Cablab is there a tutorial somewhere ?
Thanks

Question is the Mic section only for that Cab or will they work for all the other Dynacabs?
Also ive never used Cablab is there a tutorial somewhere ?
Thanks
The mics listed in this pack are limited to it alone. Each cab pack will have its own selection of mics.
There's a bunch on YouTube.

Last edited:
Yes, to my ear, going back and forth between 57V/58 or 57M/58 at same position. 57s seem to have more in the hi end.

The SM57 and SM58 share the same cartridge in the same case. They are the same microphone, except that the 58 has a windscreen. The windscreen has some effect on the tone, but the bigger difference is that you can get the SM57’s mic closer to the source because there’s no windscreen in the way. That gives it a potentially greater proximity effect.

The 58 is one of my favorite mics on a guitar cab. It has a smoother top end than a 57 and has a little more midrange. I've never taken the windscreen cage off to compare it to my 57s, but I love whatever is happening with that mic.

Mics are also like guitars and speaker cabs... even two with the same specs can sound drastically different. All of my 57s have the same specs, but they all have their own unique top end and midrange character.
Thanks for the responses...I learn new things every day from this forum!

Cant wait to try this!!!!

Here is my OS

53318897514_00013785aa_h.jpg

@York Audio man, this DynaCab Pack sound insane!!! there no bad spots in it!!!

Amazing work, thank you.
Thank you! A lot of work went into the mic and preamp selections. It takes about 4-5 hours to capture a single mic, so I had to wait that long before I could hear if it was a good choice or a bad choice that needed to be redone... and then wait another 4-5 hours before I could hear if the recapture was better than the first one. 😂 I'm so glad that you're connecting with this cab!

Got it. Sounds massive on metal amps. The variety of mics makes me dizzy on what to use :D
Nice! Yeah, I probably used too many mics, but hey... go big or go home, right? There's plenty of time to explore different mics and positions. Once you find one you love, just enjoy playing. You can always come back later and get nerdy when you have time.

Thank you! A lot of work went into the mic and preamp selections. It takes about 4-5 hours to capture a single mic, so I had to wait that long before I could hear if it was a good choice or a bad choice that needed to be redone... and then wait another 4-5 hours before I could hear if the recapture was better than the first one. 😂 I'm so glad that you're connecting with this cab!

Nice! Yeah, I probably used too many mics, but hey... go big or go home, right? There's plenty of time to explore different mics and positions. Once you find one you love, just enjoy playing. You can always come back later and get nerdy when you have time.
Yes, the hard work really shows man. All the mics sound so good, this was the cab missing in the Dynacab selection. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom