Wish New device - desktop FX3 - FM9 - (small and portable interface)

Hello

It would be great to have the power of the FX3 or FM9 in a compact, portable desktop format for studio use as an audio interface, just a couple of inputs (mic and instrument) and no footswitches. The FX3 is simply too big for many of us. As an additional advantage we could keep our precious fractal away from the danger of beer spills on the stages. Only the FC-12 or FC-6 on the floor.FM desktop.png

Last edited:
I'd even take it if it only had a single block of each type, and cut down to like 3 or even 2 channels per block. There's still a ton of use I'd get out of a device like that.

With the brains of an FM3 and a better price it would be very competitive among premium audio interfaces like Apollo. You could easily carry it in a backpack and take it everywhere.

I know I will get flamed as many don’t like touchscreens
But that form factor , with a
Large responsive touch screen and Value knob
With a row (or 2) under the screen , I would gladly pay for

+1 this would be amazing. SPDIF In/Out would make the workflow to other interfaces better than just the OUT on the FM3.
I still dream of a day where we have Fractal Native so we can tweak things on the fly and aren't limited by hardware horsepower. Even if it was tied to a breakout box like this for piracy protection/extra processing like UAD that would be amazing.

Stereo input with 2 amp blocks and pedalboard-friendly would crush in the pedalboard market with the popularity of hx stomp / UA amp sim / tonex / etc amp sim pedals.

+1 this would be amazing. SPDIF In/Out would make the workflow to other interfaces better than just the OUT on the FM3.
I still dream of a day where we have Fractal Native so we can tweak things on the fly and aren't limited by hardware horsepower. Even if it was tied to a breakout box like this for piracy protection/extra processing like UAD that would be amazing.

Tied to a breakout box like what? There's no link there.

Tied to a breakout box like what? There's no link there.
In my context breakout box = DSP unit like the UAD apollos. You can sprinkle the plugins all over the session to work in real time but the processing is done in the hardware unit not on your computer. It's also a good security measure seeing as the UAD plugins never got cracked.

It's much more realistic to leave the hardware interface the same, so they can reuse the hardware parts they already have for the FM3, and so that they don't have to maintain separate codebases for the user interface, and also so users don't have to re-learn any new patterns.

Back
Top Bottom