New Boss GT1000 !

The price difference between a POD bean and a Kemper is a lot more than the difference in sound too!

There's a few guys in the comments saying they had the Amplifire hooked up wrong as it shouldn't sound that bad lol

Got the Ax8 in mind nothing has shifted my tthought except the thought of ordering direct instead of trying it out. No good? I walk out. Why can't Fractal have UK suppliers? They are big enough by now. The whole order process kills me..waiting lists..faulty send via post to outer Mongolia etc etc. One thing about Roland. They are the Model T Ford of music gear. Want it? Try it? Buy it. Faulty? Jump on the tube and take it back. Get another in an hour.

Got the Ax8 in mind nothing has shifted my tthought except the thought of ordering direct instead of trying it out. No good? I walk out. Why can't Fractal have UK suppliers? They are big enough by now. The whole order process kills me..waiting lists..faulty send via post to outer Mongolia etc etc. One thing about Roland. They are the Model T Ford of music gear. Want it? Try it? Buy it. Faulty? Jump on the tube and take it back. Get another in an hour.
I'm a bit more moderated about that: why SHOULD they have UK, France, Spain etc suppliers ? G66 is doing a better job than any supplier I ever crossed, and even at distance they're working fast. Maybe in the future it might be more interesting for UK clients to cling on to US suppliers for tax issues.

The handwritten note from G66 with my AX8 was a nice touch. Sure, I like getting stuff from GAK and Thomann etc too, but it was nice to have the personal touch.

A buddy of mine has a line6 Firehawk?
He brought it over , cause he wanted me to make it sound better.
It uses Bluetooth. ......what a piece of she--it.
He will be on the AX8 WAITLIST ........soon.

A new feature of builtin bluetooth for using AxeEdit wireless wouldn't degrade the audio?

Well, to be fair, nothing should sound that bad.
My Digitech GSP 21 didn't even sound that bad.

COSM was a great attempt by Boss to do modelling back with the cutting edge hardware of the day, but I am glad they seem to be moving on from that.

The fact that there are people who like Boss products (and modeling specifically) is as mysterious to me as the fact that there are people who like Volvos.

Yes I know. I was commenting about @1poorplayer. Seemed like his post implied bluetooth contributed to the bad sound of the firehawk.

It could be used for control / edit and not audio.

The Bluetooth only contributed to frustration , in attempt to edit. Limited control , and very gimmicky , to say the least. The bad sound was pure Line6.

I've downloaded the Parameter Guide and the amps and cabinet options are sooo limited that is embarrasing: 9 boss original amps and 7 "classic" amps (JC120, deluxe reverb, twin reverb, bassman, AC30, SL1959 and one channel of the Dual Rectifier). The cabinet section only offers several generic options (1x12", 2x12", etc...) without even mention to the speakers used. No IR loading.

Drive section is somehow also limited although is great to see a BD2 there. Delays based on the DD500 but limited (Only generic tape, nothing about if it's the roland, EP3 or echorec algorithm neither SDE3000 or DD2 vintage digital settings).

I don't think its gonna be a success given the competition in that price level.

Back
Top Bottom