New Boss GT1000 !

Interesting, but I'm still a Fractal Audio guy. My tone chasing quest ended when I started using FAS. I am in my happy place.:D
Sure so am I, not an issue for me too. Still it is good to see a major actor like BOSS is investing to keep playing guitar fun.

I blame guitar players with their backwards looking conservative views and obsession for vintage tones and sounds, rather then push the envelope forward and try something new. Rock ossified while other genres surged forward.

I very much agree with you here. Poor Gibson. :)

The whole music industry disaster had a lot to do with it too, however. And the weird times where positive thinking and political correctness are in vogue and protest and antisocial behavior aren't fashionable even with kids and teenagers. That's just not a good recipe for rock and roll.

I really like the size and format of this thing. Basically a smaller Helix. Interesting how Boss finally ditched their rectangular footswitches :D

Probably sounds great and is easy to use! Cool product.

The thread over "there" is hilarious. With just a few pictures, some marketing copy, and a demo video everyone has determined all of the features it doesn't have, why it sucks, why it's too expensive, how unreliable it will be, etc.

TGP has never been worse.
Seems like all they do is compare ... fight ... compare ... fight ... etc.

Yesterday I removed its bookmark from my browser. I'm done there.

Never say never. New possibilities can create new needs.
I understand your point friend, but I would only chase tone if I was unhappy with my current sounds. I'm saying I am completely happy with what I have so no need for me to "Chase" tone. My tone is already "Chased".;)

Last edited:
I understand your point friend, but I would only chase tone if I was unhappy with my current sounds. I'm saying I am completely happy with what I have so no need for me to "Chase" tone.

Kind of like when you find the perfect wife - no need to "chase" anymore ! theres a comfort in that !

I got so many flags there just trying to help people out, I threw up my hands trying to help people there.

That place has such potential to be a really go-to place for gear talk, even more than it is, and be a cash cow too, but they find new ways to just shoot themselves in the foot constantly as well as with vigor.

I still read it probably once a week if that often, but I can't remember the last time I got any useful information that applied to my work from it.

It's just gone downhill for my needs since I joined.

Back
Top Bottom