New Bands First Track...Axe FX Content!

Hey guys!

Just got this recorded a few days ago...it's the intro track for our upcoming release...we're going to retrack the lead guitars, as we haven't dialed a specific tone for it yet, and there are still a few timing issues that are bothering me.

Keep in mind, this track is raw....NOT mixed or mastered yet...Guitars recorded with an Axe FX standard

Barren Branches Intro Track by Barren Branches on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

First off, I'd love any and all general input/opinions that come to mind!

More specifically, what is your take on the rhythm guitars? I LOVE how big and punchy they came out, but I am also getting hints of clipping...I don't know if it's the speakers I'm working with, or the track itself...what do you think of the sound itself?

Appreciate you input!

UPDATE: Here's a fun little video we put together from when we were tracking the song...nothing amazing, but maybe it'll get a chuckle or two?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DbQXjbtb9U

Eric
Barren Branches

Last edited:
Very nice! The rhythm guitars ROCK! As you mentioned, the lead tone needs some work, and general mixing too. But, I really dig those rhythm tones! Care to share your patch? :D

Really appreciate you checking it out. I can definitely share the patch next time I have the Axe hooked up with the comp. The patch was pretty simple...Das Metal sim, a small bit of GEQ to bump up the highs, and german and recto 4x12s...SM57s for mics if I remember correctly.

Eric

Yeah...I know...it's the username I've been using ever since I started playing and joined my first forum, so I kept it to be consistent...but I don't own any Ibanez guitar anymore :p

Eric

hey Eric nice to see you over here, you finally joined the party :D

I think the rhythm guitars sound massive, nice and punchy, was that the Tremonti ?

I've never spent much time with the Diezel, i used the Uberschall for a long time but recently have found the new Recto to sound the best live with my Tremonti

Back
Top Bottom