New AXEFX2 User problem ( OUT1 Volume question )

teddis

Fractal Fanatic
Hi,
Loving the unit so far.
I cannot get the Out 1 Volume to go to ZERO ( no sound ) when it is fully CC, I still get Volume ? A setting somewhere ?
I think it is the reason a get a nasty pop on power down from my Matrix amp.

Connections : O/P 1 To Matrix Amp Stereo, unbalanced, 1960A Cab. I have a MFC 101 and a Mission Vol pedal in EXP 1 , calibrated.

thanks !

That's normal. See the manual. Always turn on your power amp LAST and turn off FIRST.

Hi,
Thanks for that. I have corrected the on/off sequence. The Thump is much better.

However, I still cannot reduce Volume to Zero on OP 1 ?, Headphones as well. I an Fully CCW on OP 1 Knob.. I disconnected the MFC ,samers.
Could this be a setting somewhere ?

Thank you

That's normal. See the manual. (p.25 - "At the minimum setting, volume is reduced but not silent.")

I guess I dont understand why ( like the Ultra ) we dont have complete control of OP 1 . This means without headphones, I cannot practice at bedroom volumes without adjusting amp, or settings within the Preset, because it is to loud....I tried it.
So this is normal fella's ?

See the manual. (p.25 - "At the minimum setting, volume is reduced but not silent.")
See the manual. (p.25 - "At the minimum setting, volume is reduced but not silent.")

My Axe 2 does function the same.
I emailed support when I realized this, and was also pointed to the manual. (rookie move on my part, not checking first).

When all the way off, it still produces sound....but not enough that it's "too" loud to use with headphones.

I got used to it after a day.
Doesn't bother me in at all....and will prevent me from having one of those "Everything is powered up, everything is plugged in...why am I getting no sound?!!!!.....Ooooh, the volume on the Axe is off", days.

Hi BBN,
Glad to hear your's is the same. I would love to see it adjustable all the way to mute. :)

Hi all,

Just thought I'd mention that if you MUST have this reduce to mute capability, assiging a controller (such as can be set up via the onboard Expression Pedal jack or with the MFC-101) allows you to operate OUT1 volume from mute to full.

Back
Top Bottom