New Axe II user issue

blackmoreguitar

Experienced
Hi, I got my new Axe II and MFC on Monday. Getting some great sounds and very happy, but I am having a problem. When I got the Axe/MFC, I just plugged it in and started playing through the pre sets. No problems, and I am smiling because it really sounds very good. The following evening I was doing the same thing, and clicked on the Multi Delay which was available in one of the factory pre sets; sorry can't remember which one. The Axe went into a severe self oscillation, so I immediately turned off the multi delay and all was well; when I tried the same thing with other pre sets the same thing happened, so I turned the unit off and back on again, and the problem went away. However this problem has returned and turning the Axe off and back on does not get rid of it. I have found if I edit the multi delay from quad tap delay, which the pre sets with multi delay available seem to use, to say plex detune, then the problem goes away. I posted this originally on the gear page and a couple of users suggested to go into the utility menu and select 'update all pre sets' which I have tried but to no avail. Can anyone suggest what may be going on to cause this? The issue happened before trying to edit anything at all as far as I remember. Everything else is fine, and I have high hopes as it really does sound good, but the oscillation is very severe when it happens and I actually fear it could damage a speaker if it happened at loud volume. Being new the Axe has 13.07 firmware and I am using an unbalanced out into a powered speaker.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

You said you just got your unit, so I suspect your firmware is current, but that's the first thing to check (under Utilities menu). If you're running anything prior to 13.07, consider updating.

Did you try other outputs, headphones and out1 (balanced). are they all the same? if you have a short audio clip of this happen would also be helpful. Cant really think of anything.
Perhaps try re-install FW and see if that helps

Go here - Fractal Audio Systems - Support

Download
Axe-Fx II Preset Banks A, B and C

Crank up Fractal Bot and navigate to where you dl'ed the preset files (after unzipping).

Follow the directions on Fractal Bot.

Hope this helps and welcome !

Thank you Gregmang and all who helped. After some teeth gnashing and frustration I got the pre sets downloaded and all seems well. Still a bit nervous because the problem seemed to happen for no apparent reason, but it is fixed for now so I will see how it goes......Cheers all!

Actually I noticed this a few days ago, and thought I would need to look into what I had set incorrectly. I think I will just do the reload Cliff suggests, I'm sure it'll fix the problem.

Very cool ! So it looks like new presets with 14.

Maybe TAF cabs too :) ?

Thx for everything you do, Cliff. Seriously.

Not really new presets. I went through them just to make sure there wasn't any weirdness. Tweaked a few here and there but otherwise they're pretty much the same.

Yes to the TAF cabs. I'll probably throw in a few of the UltraRes cabs we captured at Universal Noise Studios as well.

Back
Top Bottom