New Axe-Fx II Drivers for OS X and Windows

I'm still with Swedish Chef, would really like it if 10.6.8 was supported. Mine's working OK, I just have to put up with it going silent every hour or so.

So i uninstalld the New usb driver.1.67
and installed the old 1.50 driver.. and now My Midi Keybord Works!

So it must be the New driver,that does not work Under Windows 7,with My Cubase 7 and my midi keybord.

Should i stay on the old driver.. for now ?? Since it works

Please inform Support about this.

What, no Snow Leopard support? :| ( The supported Windows XP service pack 3 version was released 2007. The supported OSX Lion version was released 2011. That's like 4 years difference between Windows and Mac, in computer years it's a lifetime. Why the difference? Is there a reason to you guys dropping Snow Leopard? I personally have a bunch of gear and software which does not support Lion. Is this just a case of "Tough luck..." or will you guys help us Snow Leopard users out? :numbness: From a music production / DAW point of view, OS10.6.8 is still the general norm - as far as I know... Seems a bit weird to drop support for it.

In the same boat here.
Mac OS10.6.8 compatibility for Axe-FX2 USB Audio and Axe-Edit 3.0, please!

after starting up my mac (OS X 1.07.5), I'll have to re-install the drivers again. Also with the newest driver! Sorry, I tired of using USB in the axefx II - It's 2013 and I still like MIDI for one reason only....it just works, slow...but it does!
Why every company in the audio world used their audio interfaces with their own internal (instead of standard) clock, is able to produce real core audio application driver, and FAS do it's own way to show all their users how bad apple is? Sorry I can't stand this....makes me sad!
Fortunately, I use real high quality audio hardware (MetricHalo) on my mac - so I don't need another interface. Working with MIDI over MIDI not USB, because It's silly to re-install the driver a hundert times...

The axefx II is the best guitar fx device I ever will imagine of, but as an audio/midi interface on apple computers, it's far behind 2013! Sorry guys......

I install the driver on Mac 10.6.8 didnt realized there wasnt support for this OS version now my AxeFx Device just disappeared from systems preferences, What can I do plz?

fekiee,I did the same thing(10.6.8).Just load the old driver and your problem is solved,temporarily.I dld the latest FW 10.09,no trouble.Didn't want to miss new CarolAnn.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat. Can someone post the old USB driver install utility or point me to where I can access it? I can't seem to find it on my computer and I don't see it on Fractal's support page.

Thanks in advance.

Where is the Axe FXII usb driver located on a Mac?

Do you have to delete the old driver before you install the new usb driver, or does the new usb driver automatically overwrite the old one?

Hi All,

As we've worked on our hardware and drivers, we've discovered and reported issues in OS X to Apple.
One such reported issue was fixed since we reported it.
We are hoping for yet another to come from Apple in the future.

Any such fixes are released via NEW VERSIONS of OS X -- Apple do not offer "patches" for older versions.
It really is out of our hands. The problem is in the OS as it handles the Axe-Fx II, which is completely compliant with the USB specification.

PS: As far as I know, there is no need to delete or uninstall anything. Just install the new version.

hmmm..."Mavericks..." and now to something complete different...i hope not. :lol

here on OSX 10.8.4 is the same behavior as with all older driver versions. After "some time" maybe it is around a hour, or so...the AXE FXII loose the synchrony with Logic again and again. This is really painful. I know you all have done huge work to this, but it doesn't work here.

But what i can't understand: Why i have to assign latency values in the AXE FX??? No other device handle this in such a way. Latency parameter for audio units are always parametrized via software in all my other units that i had owned, Terratec, M-audio.

As a suggestion, let's do the writing of the driver by apple developers, or so.

Yeah, i hear the crowd screaming: Use the front panel, or, use win...I do not want to use another pc, nor i want to creep at my floor to operate the front panel. As an audio interface it is not usable since i own it. This is really frustrating.

Regards
Frank

As a suggestion, let's do the writing of the driver by apple developers, or so.

Apple did write the driver. The Axe-Fx II is a class-compliant device. If you are "loose synchrony" with Logic then the problem lies with Logic or the Apple driver.

Back
Top Bottom