• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

New ARES Firmware

wiz_2112

Regular
Have you tried the new beta firmware? I do not know if it's a placebo effect, but I hear a very good improvement in the sound, especially in the SVT amplifier, my axefx was abandoned but with this update, I like it a lot again. it makes me think that the axefxIII would be great with the bass

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Any SV Bass preset correctly leveled (around -12 db) in firmware 1.x firmware will now clip in 3.x firmware with the new amp model -- be aware.

That is one of the main reason I have returned to Quantum in my FX... It is my backup unit, for playing I have now III, new SVT is completely different and I really struggled to make it cooperating.

rldweber

New here
Quantum leap indeed. Resolution sounds more realistic. Only found one issue; I had to adjust my gates on rhythm tone. I was playing "mind spun" by animals as leaders and there was a tiny popping sound after each staccato note. Almost the sound you get when you touch pickups with a paperclip. Also went into i/o and turned output 2 gain to -10db because of clipping. Already had output 1 at -9db.

Last edited:
Top Bottom